WiFi in the parks?

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
I have a feeling I know the answer is no, but thought I would ask the wise ones on this board first.

The reason I ask is I want to FaceTime in the parks with my friend who will be out of the country at the time.

So, am I stuck to FaceTime in the resorts?

RonAnnArbor

There is no wifi in the parks -- and goodluck even finding it at your resort.

Some of the resorts have wifi in their common reception area, but not all of them.

If that is a major concern of yours, you will need to call your particular resort and ask about their wifi options.

Incidently, you will find that WDW-dis wifi comes up on your wifi list all over the property -- it is for employees only and guests have no access to it.

wbc

I bring my own wireless router and hook it up to the resort LAN lines. Then I can have WiFi for my phones, laptop, and another person's laptop.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have a feeling I know the answer is no, but thought I would ask the wise ones on this board first.

The reason I ask is I want to FaceTime in the parks with my friend who will be out of the country at the time.

So, am I stuck to FaceTime in the resorts?
Even in resorts you're Wi-Fi is limited unless you take your own hub.

Get the Tango app. If you have a good data plan, you can do the equivalent of FaceTime with other iPhone 4 users that also have Tango. It isn't Wi-Fi dependant.

EDIT: and it's free!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Very cool, I had not heard of it. Guess it will work just fine as long as you get your friends to install it too.
Not as big an issue as paid apps that require everybody you want to chat with have the same app. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom