Wife breaks her own word - Planning next trip

KordovaJD

I got a kick out of this. It's proof no Disney lover can stay away too long.

When we returned from our last trip in February of 2017, my wife said "well, we're not going back until our kids are older and all the construction is done." So, I assumed that was to be after summer 2019.

We measured our kids height last week, as parents do from time to time. I made note that our youngest was now tall enough ride any ride at WDW and that I was sad it would be so long before our return.

Very non-chalantly, she turns the corner and walks down the hall and yells back, "yeah, you're right, let's go this fall." Then she "sayeth further naught", basically pretending she hadn't dropped the biggest happy bomb I've gotten in months.

I was bowled over. I have to verify with her at breakfast the next morning that I had heard correctly.

She confirmed my belief and so now, I plan an October trip.

I am over the moon.

JIMINYCR

Bring her home a bouquet of roses and a box of her favorite candies. Then take her out to her favorite restaurant. Its time to Celebrate!!!

disney-graphics-disney-glitter-631138.gif

I'm always bringing up, suggesting, nagging, begging, groveling to my DW about dates we should go. I'm ecstatic when my DW one day says we are affording to book a trip.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Whoa that’s exciting! It’s really sad leaving WDW and not knowing when you’ll be back, or knowing it’ll be quite a while.

DH and I are blessed to get to go on vacation, but only once every year or two. We had an incredible 12 day Disneymoon in 2013 but as the trip came to an end and our new chapter in life began, we decided that while we love our WDW trips, we should try other destinations to broaden our horizons as our travels are not frequent, and also to wait for some construction to finish and wait for more to be built before we return. Needless to say, we did not take (and still have not taken) our well intended tropical island vacation and we had our next WDW trip booked soon after!

Hope you get to book your trip soon!

Upvote 0

KordovaJD

Original Poster
Whoa that’s exciting! It’s really sad leaving WDW and not knowing when you’ll be back, or knowing it’ll be quite a while.

DH and I are blessed to get to go on vacation, but only once every year or two. We had an incredible 12 day Disneymoon in 2013 but as the trip came to an end and our new chapter in life began, we decided that while we love our WDW trips, we should try other destinations to broaden our horizons as our travels are not frequent, and also to wait for some construction to finish and wait for more to be built before we return. Needless to say, we did not take (and still have not taken) our well intended tropical island vacation and we had our next WDW trip booked soon after!

Hope you get to book your trip soon!

Yeah, I remember the days of being very picky and choosy on vacations because time and money were short. Time and money is still short. When I was a young lawyer we always dreamed of taking a trip to a tropical island, but working 80 hours a week and paying school loans always got in the way. We never made it to the tropical islands before we had kids either. Luckily, we're blessed with the opportunity to go on 2 to 3 vacations (small-ish) each year. So we typically plan one by ourselves without kiddos and one with. Because of our kids ages, we tend toward WDW. They're too young yet to enjoy most other vacations at 5yo and 3 yo respectively. Once they're a little older we're likely to focus on more educational trips. But until then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom