Why?

coCobean2017

Original Poster
We would not be visiting on the spur of the moment. We are considering visiting in Sept/October for 10-11 days. We would buy AP that allow us weekday passes, but can only pick a limited number of "day passes" we are elderly, my husband is disabled and uses a mobility scooter. We don't ride the rides we enjoy the shops, scenery, restaurants, and watching the children having fun. We enjoy the animals a lot. After 3 days of passes we will have to take our chances on additional days. I am worried that after we use the 3 days we can book in advance we won't get any additional days. We usually visit in the afternoons and stay until parades and fireworks are over. We like dinner is some of the EPCOT restaurants and then fireworks.
Am I correct that after 2 pm we can go to any park we wish without 'park reservations:?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We would not be visiting on the spur of the moment. We are considering visiting in Sept/October for 10-11 days. We would buy AP that allow us weekday passes, but can only pick a limited number of "day passes" we are elderly, my husband is disabled and uses a mobility scooter. We don't ride the rides we enjoy the shops, scenery, restaurants, and watching the children having fun. We enjoy the animals a lot. After 3 days of passes we will have to take our chances on additional days. I am worried that after we use the 3 days we can book in advance we won't get any additional days. We usually visit in the afternoons and stay until parades and fireworks are over. We like dinner is some of the EPCOT restaurants and then fireworks.
Am I correct that after 2 pm we can go to any park we wish without 'park reservations:?

I don't think that annual passes are available for purchase right now, so you would need to purchase regular park tickets. If you are staying on property (even with an AP) you can make park reservations for your length of stay. Only AP's not staying on property are limited to the 3 park reservations at a time.

If your ticket allows for park hopping you can hop to another park at 2pm but you need to have a reservation for some park and go to that park first.

As for why you would go? That is up to you and what you and your husband would enjoy doing. If you don't like doing the attractions maybe a relaxing resort stay would be more cost effective, then you could soak up some Disney atmosphere and visit other resorts and Disney Springs. Fireworks are able to be viewed at certain places outside the parks as well.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Why would my husband and I travel to WDW, spend a fortune on gas, pay for a hotel, buy WDW Passes and then might not even get into the Parks?
Great point!

jloucks

Why would my husband and I travel to WDW, spend a fortune on gas, pay for a hotel, buy WDW Passes and then might not even get into the Parks?
You wouldn't.

Although, you could play it like flying standby. There is a lot to do in that area. If you park is not available, choose form a dozen other options. ...and then keep an eye on you fav park, odds of it being available at least once are pretty good.

JIMINYCR

Why?? Because if you get enough enjoyment out of doing the things you say you do, then it can be worth the trip. You don’t ride the rides so waiting in lines or paying for Genie and LL which most at this time are mostly complaining about isn’t an issue. Shops, scenery, people watching and restaurants are available at your discretion. Getting the park reservations and ADRs can be done. Gas prices are out of your control so you just have to bite the bullet and pay out, so budget and save up more into your trip expenses.
As with everyone else, at this time, if a WDW trip gives you what you want and produces enough pleasure that comes from your time there then you will make it work despite any perceived negatives.

Disstevefan1

The weekday AP is for residents only I thought? Anyway, I think they allocate more park pass reservations for the day tickets so you will have a better shot at getting the park you want with those.

But to answer your original question as to why? That’s easy…

Universal and IOA
SeaWorld
Lego Land
Bush Gardens

None of these require park pass reservations.

Side note - Universal’s value resorts are much less expensive and are higher quality than Disney.

Also, there are many Disney Springs area resorts that are high quality and lower costs too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom