Why we should all hate Bud Light- How it stole one of our local Theme Parks!

Phroobar

I remember going to Busch Gardens in the 70s but don't really remember the log ride. It was on our rotation of theme parks we went to. It reminds me of Sea World without the fish.

Last edited:

Stevek

You missed a fun time, and at a low cost.

Darn Bud Light!!!

The odd part is that we literally used to hit every roadside attraction up and down the west coast from here to Washington yet they never stopped here. I'm guessing due to the fact that my mom had an alcoholic father and neither of my parents drank at all.

TP2000

The odd part is that we literally used to hit every roadside attraction up and down the west coast from here to Washington yet they never stopped here. I'm guessing due to the fact that my mom had an alcoholic father and neither of my parents drank at all.

Trees of Mystery? Sea Lion Caves? The Nut Tree? Pea Soup Andersen's?

Any of those ring a bell? I remember all of them quite well, and loved 'em.

Like you, I have no memory of ever going to the California Busch Gardens. I have to believe it was the connection to beer that kept it off the list of activities, as most of my family was fairly religious in the 1960's and 1970's and didn't approve of alcohol, so a family visit to Busch Gardens wouldn't have been socially acceptable.

It's a minor miracle I turned out the way I did. :cool:

Stevek

Trees of Mystery? Sea Lion Caves? The Nut Tree? Pea Soup Andersen's?

Any of those ring a bell? I remember all of them quite well, and loved 'em.

Like you, I have no memory of ever going to the California Busch Gardens. I have to believe it was the connection to beer that kept it off the list of activities, as most of my family was fairly religious in the 1960's and 1970's and didn't approve of alcohol, so a family visit to Busch Gardens wouldn't have been socially acceptable.

It's a minor miracle I turned out the way I did. :cool:

Every one of those, we visited. My family, excluding me, loved the all you can eat Pea Soup at Split Pea Anderson's. We'd generally then venture over to Solvang. Tillamook Cheese factory, that's another one? The front bumper of our car had those paper advertisements that they wired to everyone's cars while they were parked.

TP2000

Every one of those, we visited. My family, excluding me, loved the all you can eat Pea Soup at Split Pea Anderson's. We'd generally then venture over to Solvang. Tillamook Cheese factory, that's another one? The front bumper of our car had those paper advertisements that they wired to everyone's cars while they were parked.

Yes, Tillamook Cheese Factory was another fun one.

I was just talking to a friend about those bumper placards! We deduced that those don't work any longer because cars don't have actual metal bumpers that you could wrap the wires around. I imagine that cheesy yet hilarious practice is long gone because of modern car technology. :(

Rich T

I went once with my family. The flume was very good, passing through the middle of a large aviary. One small detail not mentioned in the video was a later small expansion on the boat ride side of the park—An exposition-themed area with a walk-thru attraction called Turvey Manor. I’m not sure if it was a fun house or a Knott’s Haunted Shack-style attraction. It’s a shame the park closed.

socalifornian

In an alternate universe where the brewery vacated like in Tampa it could be a nice size today
524B0018-19D5-49DC-9B0C-28D0133DCAB6.jpeg

BubbaQuest

Sadly only made it there once after half the park was already closed down. Nothing more than a boat ride and free (with the cost of admission) beer at that point :(

Sailor310

I went there once or twice. One summer I worked for a roofing company that was redoing the roofs on the brewery. In the morning, there'd be on overwhelming smell of hops. It is SUPER hot on a roof in the Valley in summer. The brewery let us use ice-cold water that was going into the beer to fill our coolers. They had free beer for brewery workers. Some of our roofers found their way in there and got sloshed.

TP2000

I went there once or twice. One summer I worked for a roofing company that was redoing the roofs on the brewery. In the morning, there'd be on overwhelming smell of hops. It is SUPER hot on a roof in the Valley in summer. The brewery let us use ice-cold water that was going into the beer to fill our coolers. They had free beer for brewery workers. Some of our roofers found their way in there and got sloshed.

Hysterical!

I remember taking the monorail to the brewery tour a few times at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I wonder if they still do that there?

With all the problems they face with their dwindling market share based on Budweiser, you would think community outreach and hospitality would still be a priority for them. But then again, Anheuser-Busch isn't even an American company any longer, it's just a declining division of a big corporation based out of Belgium now.

And let's be honest, the Belgians aren't exactly known for their zest for fun. They're a rather dour group, culturally.

Ismael Flores

Hysterical!

I remember taking the monorail to the brewery tour a few times at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I wonder if they still do that there?

With all the problems they face with their dwindling market share based on Budweiser, you would think community outreach and hospitality would still be a priority for them. But then again, Anheuser-Busch isn't even an American company any longer, it's just a declining division of a big corporation based out of Belgium now.

And let's be honest, the Belgians aren't exactly known for their zest for fun. They're a rather dour group, culturally.

hey i have been to the Dour Festival in Dour, Belgium and its quite Festive :p . Although i prefer the Meifoor festival in Bruges, Belgium.

TP2000

hey i have been to the Dour Festival in Dour, Belgium and its quite Festive :p . Although i prefer the Meifoor festival in Bruges, Belgium.

I haven't been to those festivals, but I have spent time in Brussels. The Belgians are a fine people, but are stereotypical of Northwest Europe in being rather fussy and uptight. I wouldn't really want a Belgian designing or operating my theme park.

That said, I was a huge fan of Agatha Christie's Poirot! While I wouldn't want Poirot to be in charge of a theme park, or even a small birthday party, he's fantastically entertaining! :D

Ismael Flores

I haven't been to those festivals, but I have spent time in Brussels. The Belgians are a fine people, but are stereotypical of Northwest Europe in being rather fussy and uptight. I wouldn't really want a Belgian designing or operating my theme park.

That said, I was a huge fan of Agatha Christie's Poirot! While I wouldn't want Poirot to be in charge of a theme park, or even a small birthday party, he's fantastically entertaining! :D

Oh i know what you mean i spent quite a bit of time there as well. Belgium is a gorgeous place and people are great once you get to know them and they you. You are correct though a bit uptight although its much more visible in places like Brussels and less as you venture out to smaller places. When it comes to the bigger of the towns I do prefer Ghent and Bruges over Brussels.
Of course only a skip and a hop away is Amsterdam where one can really have some fun.

I am not sure if i remember Agatha Christie's Poirot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom