"Why Walt Disney World's Tower Of Terror Could Be In Trouble Because Of The New Twilight Zone"

ObscurityPoint

I don’t know, I think it’s talked about a little more than these two gems.

View attachment 352832View attachment 352833

And I’d prefer they just destroy the tower physically than with a reskin. Disney is exceptionally poor at reimagining rides.
I must admit that I’ve never seen the Mr Toad one. But the Country Bears? Come on, who could ever forget that cinematic masterpiece?! Sure it released two months after it closed at Disneyland, but it’s by far one of Christopher Walken’s best roles. Some of the best lines ever recorded: “That day...is TONIGHT.” “This isn’t over............BEARS!” Really wish we would have gotten the CBCU (country bear cinematic universe) out of this.

Tom Morrow

Again pointing out that the TV Movie Plot can easily be done without the Twilight Zone element....

The Fifth Dimension sequence..You can go Pitch Black, Put creepy noises before the drop and Boom Free Fall to your hearts content..

I've always wanted to see the 5th Dimension scene turned into the Tip Top Club. When the doors open it is dark and abandoned. As you move through it it "comes to life" as if it were 1939 again. Then lightning flashes through the windows and everything goes to dark as we move into the pitch black void of the drop shaft. We have the technology to do this today with advanced projection mapping. It expands on the story of the hotel and we get to see more of it. It's neatly subtly hinted at in the queue.

The Pho

We also can't forget Mission to Mars or "The Haunted Mansion". Eddie Murphy is the great but he's the last person I think of when I think of that ride. I'm surprised the film went in that direction.
I’d say Haunted Mansion is one of the most talked about ride films, which is why I didn’t mention it.

lazyboy97o

I don’t know, I think it’s talked about a little more than these two gems.

View attachment 352832View attachment 352833

And I’d prefer they just destroy the tower physically than with a reskin. Disney is exceptionally poor at reimagining rides.
Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride was only distributed by Disney in the United States and didn’t get that title until it’s home video release.

The Pho

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride was only distributed by Disney in the United States and didn’t get that title until it’s home video release.
Ya just looked it up, that makes a lot more sense. I honestly only found out it existed thanks to a recent trip to Cracker Barrel, and I had to have it.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've always wanted to see the 5th Dimension scene turned into the Tip Top Club. When the doors open it is dark and abandoned. As you move through it it "comes to life" as if it were 1939 again. Then lightning flashes through the windows and everything goes to dark as we move into the pitch black void of the drop shaft. We have the technology to do this today with advanced projection mapping. It expands on the story of the hotel and we get to see more of it. It's neatly subtly hinted at in the queue.

That is actually a really, really cool idea.

Dznymom

The conversion of ToT to Guardians in DL is amazing. ToT at HS is my favorite ride at WDW but when I rode Guardians at DL for the first time, I actually liked it better than ToT. I don't mind the exterior transformation since it is not seen from the "old Hollywood" scenery. I don't think anything will change with WDWs version since the idea of changing DLs version is to make the 2 parks different enough to make people want to visit both of them.

TraderSam

Now, I don't pretend to know how much Disney is currently paying to license the name, but it stands to reason that if the brand new series is a hit, the next time the deal comes up for renewal, the price tag to Disney could be a lot higher than it has been in the past. It could be so much higher that Disney isn't interested in paying for it.

If it’s anything like Universal’s Marvel deal, Sony’s Spider Man contract or Fox’s control over X-men, Disney probably has it covered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom