Why the year of a millions dreams?

richiejg

Original Poster
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why Disney are holding the year of a million dreams?
Is it in celebration of something or just a random event?

Rich

ROEFan88

Just another celebration, as far as I know - no particular reason. There's pretty much always some kind of celebration on in WDW these days - probably just for marketing purposes.

Let's hope a new one begins October 1st when they've actually got something to celebrate! :)

richiejg

Original Poster
Epcot

But is it true that they are not celebrating Epcot's 25th next year?
Anyone know the reason for this?

Wilt Dasney

Disney is basically a corporatized frat boy when it comes to finding reasons to party.

weizen.gif

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Its all marketing. When this one is over, there will be another one....Its all done to play on peoples natural urge to "be involved in something special"....

DisneyMusician2

It's just a marketing ploy...I hope they just let the "year" celebration die after this one, and maybe we can celebrate important things, like Epcot's 25th.....

head mouse

Its all marketing. When this one is over, there will be another one....Its all done to play on peoples natural urge to "be involved in something special"....

But aren't we all part of something special??? LOL.

Leave it to Disney to create a "celebration" every year. :) Got to love them.

Kinda good though. Makes more collectibles for people.

Wonder what's planed for next year. Maybe Florida's 163'rd Birthday. :sohappy:

BTW. Whats the big deal about EPCOT's 25th???? If it wasn't for MK and DL there would be no EPCOT. I think a nice small local celebration (Local to EPCOT) would be nice. but no need for a big world wide celebration.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
One of the concierge CM's told me that the Magical Express was still slated to continue throughout the Year of Million Dreams.....he mentioned so throughout this time next year and we were there end of Jan/ Beg of February. Has anyone SEEN a calendar date schedule for the YOMD celebration? We did get some dreamfastpasses at AK....sure would be nice if they kept doing that to surprise guests indefinately......:D......Century of a Million Dreams...:lol:

ROEFan88

It'd be a great shame if Disney ignored Epcot's 25th just because it might conflict with YOMD. Which matters more? :brick:

10Scoot

I still have my hopes that Disney has something planned for Epcot's 25th. Hopefully, Disney will see that they better do something for the celebration other wise they are going to look a little foolish letting slide by.

jedimaster1227

But is it true that they are not celebrating Epcot's 25th next year?
Anyone know the reason for this?

Why, because they feel that they can't stretch it into a profitable celebration that could span all four parks. The Year of a Million Dreams does that for them... In other words, it is a simple way to get more guests to come to the parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom