Why no money for the Yeti fix?

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
So I can only shake my head at these rumors that Bears and Tiki Room might be gutted in favor of current Disney IPs (the staying power of which is hardly guaranteed) for WDW's 50th Anniversary.

My question:

If all that money is being spent on these "upgrades" :rolleyes::depressed: (which nobody asked for) then...why no upgrades on the Yeti? Why in HELL isn't TDO spending some money on fixing or replacing that figure? Wouldn't that make a nice advertisement for the 50th - "The Yeti Is Back"? What in god's name is the holdup? TDO's reticence on fixing that embarrassment (for which it's been publicly shamed over and over) is astounding. Why in hell hasn't there been any real movement on it? Can anyone here explain?

Dragonman

Take those rumours with a grain of salt considering the source. Everest has never had a full refurb in its lifetime, I feel like they don’t consider the yeti a priority at all unfortunately.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If what we know about the Yeti is correct, it was more of a case of who gets the repair bill. Park operations blamed WDI, WDI blamed park operations. It is now languished on so long that it is quite possible that the rules about having moving ride components over guest heads have changed to the point where a yeti moving in the matter that he did is no longer permitted.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So I can only shake my head at these rumors that Bears and Tiki Room might be gutted in favor of current Disney IPs (the staying power of which is hardly guaranteed) for WDW's 50th Anniversary.

My question:

If all that money is being spent on these "upgrades" :rolleyes::depressed: (which nobody asked for) then...why no upgrades on the Yeti? Why in HELL isn't TDO spending some money on fixing or replacing that figure? Wouldn't that make a nice advertisement for the 50th - "The Yeti Is Back"? What in god's name is the holdup? TDO's reticence on fixing that embarrassment (for which it's been publicly shamed over and over) is astounding. Why in hell hasn't there been any real movement on it? Can anyone here explain?

Fixing the Yeti would require them to tare down the entire park and part of DHS to do it. I read this on the internet somewhere so it must be true. ;)

WDWTank

If what we know about the Yeti is correct, it was more of a case of who gets the repair bill. Park operations blamed WDI, WDI blamed park operations. It is now languished on so long that it is quite possible that the rules about having moving ride components over guest heads have changed to the point where a yeti moving in the matter that he did is no longer permitted.
What rules?

NeedMoreMickey

Soon the legend of the yeti actually moving will be remembered by so few people that most will view it as an urban legend that he ever moved. Thus his movements will become as mythical as the yeti himself. The videos of him moving are fuzzy so I bet they're all fake.

I was there for a soft opening in 2006 and saw it move. Just turned 60 so by the time it's fixed I'll be too old to ride it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom