Why must people be so rude...

cdunbar

Original Poster
So I ordered several things from a store which has an online site, the order was valued at appx. $400! So I placed the order on Thursday, and as of today it hadn't shipped so I call the company and I speak to a nice lady and she informs me starting on Friday that their system went down and the people who had placed orders on Friday became priority b/c of the systems failure! I was like umm thats not really right so she transferred me to a manger. I was like ok now I'm sure that this woman can help me I explain my situation to her that I needed the pants on friday morning for an event so thats why I ordered them last thursday and she was like well I guess you should of done 2 day shipping and you should ordered them at a decent hour, I was like excuse me I ordered them at 5 in the afternoon, she was like well look we can just re-order it for you and put it on 2nd day and then you return one set I was like mam the order was $400 thats $800 she was like well no only $400 you'll get the other half back! I was like well thats not an answer lets find another she was like well look we'll just ship it to you and hope it comes in time, or we can just ship it and you can pick it up at your local UPS headquarters I was like lady thats 2 hrs away! She was like look sweetie its not my fault that you live in so little of a town and its not my responsibilty to figure out how far away your UPS place is...I responded mam I never said it was and then she starts screaming at me and I was like mam do you realize that your unwillingness to help a customer out of a jam makes you look bad which makes makes the company look bad which will make people think your doing bad business and she continues to scream and I hung up the phone...
I mean thought 4 days for an order to get prepared to ship was like overkill...
I think I would of been more willing to take her answer if she didn't act like it was all my fault....what do you think?

tooltime

I get really impatient with merchants that take days to ship. dell seems to take forever and amazon's free shipping is a joke (nothings free)

newegg.com ships like 98% of all orders same day...they rock

WDWFREAK53

So I ordered several things from a store which has an online site, the order was valued at appx. $400! So I placed the order on Thursday, and as of today it hadn't shipped so I call the company and I speak to a nice lady and she informs me starting on Friday that their system went down and the people who had placed orders on Friday became priority b/c of the systems failure! I was like umm thats not really right so she transferred me to a manger. I was like ok now I'm sure that this woman can help me I explain my situation to her that I needed the pants on friday morning for an event so thats why I ordered them last thursday and she was like well I guess you should of done 2 day shipping and you should ordered them at a decent hour, I was like excuse me I ordered them at 5 in the afternoon, she was like well look we can just re-order it for you and put it on 2nd day and then you return one set I was like mam the order was $400 thats $800 she was like well no only $400 you'll get the other half back! I was like well thats not an answer lets find another she was like well look we'll just ship it to you and hope it comes in time, or we can just ship it and you can pick it up at your local UPS headquarters I was like lady thats 2 hrs away! She was like look sweetie its not my fault that you live in so little of a town and its not my responsibilty to figure out how far away your UPS place is...I responded mam I never said it was and then she starts screaming at me and I was like mam do you realize that your unwillingness to help a customer out of a jam makes you look bad which makes makes the company look bad which will make people think your doing bad business and she continues to scream and I hung up the phone...
I mean thought 4 days for an order to get prepared to ship was like overkill...
I think I would of been more willing to take her answer if she didn't act like it was all my fault....what do you think?

SHUT UP NIMROD!

(for the record...this is a joke playing off the title of this thread)

There is no excuse for rudeness :wave:

tigsmom

And its things like this that make me shop locally whenever possible.

There is no excuse for rudeness, but your phone call probably wasn't the first they had to deal with.

Laura

Premium Member
Man I could write a book with all the unpleasant and unbelieable experiences I've had with various customer service departments in the last month. I think I've got some kind of curse on me or something.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ugh how awful. I'm a Team Lead where I work and I have the take supervisor calls every day. I would NEVER treat a customer like that, ever. But, of course, I worked @ Disney for a year and I know better. :wave:

hcswingfield

Every time I talk to anyone on the phone who is a customer service type, I make sure to ask for their name, and let them know I am writing it down. It seems to cut down on the rudeness. If they start getting rude, I confirm their name again.

Dizknee_Phreek

Every time I talk to anyone on the phone who is a customer service type, I make sure to ask for their name, and let them know I am writing it down. It seems to cut down on the rudeness. If they start getting rude, I confirm their name again.

lol! That's an awesome solution! That would keep me in check, for sure, if I was a customer service type over the phone!

Rude people are certainly running amok in customer service these days. What's up with that? I guess no one teaches people how to treat others any more.

lilclerk

Wow, I've worked in customer service jobs (one was as a Lead) for 7 years and I would never treat a customer like that, no matter how rude they are (and it doesn't sound like you were!)
That is insane.

cdunbar

Original Poster
Thanks clerk, I thought I was pretty nice; towards the end my mom was like you were starting to get a temper I was like Mom you know why b/c the woman was hollaring at me when I spoke to her like a professional! I mean its not like I told the woman to shut up or anything like that neways...thanks for not making me feel like a real heel everyone

ThinkTink721

Hey, we ordered something on-line from Wal-Mart about a week ago that was supposed to be in a couple of days ago.
We called a couple of times to check on the order & they told us that it was being processed & would be shipped to the store on time.
The final time that we called to check on the order, the person informed us that they were no longer shipping that particular item as of about a month ago.
No one bothered to tell us that when we placed our order.
Customer service has just gone down hill in the past few years with many different companies.

:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom