Why isn't there an actual Mickey ride?

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
After all, he's the "big cheese", the symbol of Disney world.
So, in your opinion, why isn't there a Mickey-themed ride (even if it's just a kiddie ride)? Maybe something a la Winnie the Pooh, but centered around Mickey and friends?

Tom

Beta Return
Mickey's role in cartoons is too broad and interchangeable to settle on one experience for an attraction, which is why I think Philharmagic and similar attractions are the closest we'll get.

Right. What would the attraction be, if it were based around Mickey? His acting resume is far too broad to be able to summarize him into one attraction.

raven

A CP a few months back at Animal Kingdom was telling everyone "This way to the Mickey Mouse Ride." it was actually the Pooh and Friends Character area across from Flame Tree before the bridge. Don't know why he was telling everyone that but they started going down that trail. Watched him do it for about 10 minutes as i was waiting for someone to come out of the restroom nearby.

lazyboy97o

Because the theme parks were not created as subservient to the film studio. They were intended to tell mostly their own stories, not rehash stories already told.

Victor Kelly

images

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Mickey, for the most part, is above being limited to an attraction. If you put him as the sole focus of the attraction, you limit him to how well the attraction is. You reduce him to what he is in that attraction. He is the Disney character. He makes cameos in other places, but he can not be limited to a mere attraction, no matter how good it is.

Soarin2u

Mickey "owns" the Park. Just like Ariel owns her grotto, Cinderella owns her Castle, Monster Inc owns The Laugh Floor, etc. So the overall park offers an experience of Mickey and his gang.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Because the theme parks were not created as subservient to the film studio. They were intended to tell mostly their own stories, not rehash stories already told.

"Were" ...Is the word you use.

But we're kind of in the "now"... Not the "then." So for todays expectations of Disney World, it honestly is a good question why Mickey doesn't have his own attraction. Goofy and Donald do. I guess Fantasmic would count.

FettFan

Mickey is too busy for a ride, being that he is practically the Mayor of the Magic Kingdom. He meets and greets at City Hall, and acts as the Grand Marshal of all the parades.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/02/FFC442198-682x1024.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They should add an action-packed simulator thrill ride in Storybook Circus! (spiderman/transformers/harry potter style from Universal) Let it revolve around a huge chase scene, with Mickey trying to rescue Minnie from Pete! That'd be an amazing ride!

Make the exterior look like an old movie house, (or a tent if in Storybook Circus).. As soon as you walk into the queue line, everything is black and white and a bunch of old cartoon snippets of old Mickey shorts are playing along the walls! Then, step into a pre-show room that uses special effects and such to show how Pete captures Minnie!

Got this idea by thinking of the short I saw in theaters a while back..

I just personally think that'd make a great ride! :D

lazyboy97o

"Were" ...Is the word you use.

But we're kind of in the "now"... Not the "then." So for todays expectations of Disney World, it honestly is a good question why Mickey doesn't have his own attraction. Goofy and Donald do. I guess Fantasmic would count.
The parks were dreamed up, designed and developed just this moment?

As for the "now," Mickey Mouse is not a big enough franchise.

Magenta Panther

I've often wondered that myself. There used to be a show at WDW called "The Mickey Mouse Revue", with AAs and everything. It's gone now, of course. When the videogame "Epic Mickey" came out, I thought it'd be neat for WDW to build a dark ride around that, but then the game turned out to be less of a blockbuster.

I still think a dark ride ought to be built, probably in DHS, that chronicles Mickey's career. But I doubt that will ever actually happen. At least he's in Fantasmic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom