Why isn’t the Muppet Studio Store open?

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
Obviously, the answer that most would give is that....because of COVID....it’s been harder for Disney to hire enough cast members to run the store, hence why other stores like Beverly Sunset Shop have been also left vacant across the park.

But, out of all the companies to not have enough people to run a few (rather small compared to other) stores, it seems like a pretty poor excuse judging how they continue to hire more and more people to help run new attractions like Ratatouille with no issue.

So....personally.....I’d be curious to hear on if there maybe something more happening behind the scenes as when I visited DHS two days ago and exited Muppet*Vision, it seems as if the Grand Avenue theming has extended all the way down to the entrance of the store with all that’s left being the paint marks, the Kermit clock, the two giant Kermit statues, and a few other tiny details.

Of course, for years, the Muppet Studio Store has been slowly becoming less and less Muppets and more like a normal store (that, for some reason, recently started selling Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise especially).

Maybe, with the excuse of it being closed for “budgetary reasons”, they might be removing all the timeless Muppets decorations inside and replacing it with more generic Disney ones.

Hopefully I’m wrong but who knows with Mr. Clean in charge.

MagicHappens1971

Obviously, the answer that most would give is that....because of COVID....it’s been harder for Disney to hire enough cast members to run the store, hence why other stores like Beverly Sunset Shop have been also left vacant across the park.

But, out of all the companies to not have enough people to run a few (rather small compared to other) stores, it seems like a pretty poor excuse judging how they continue to hire more and more people to help run new attractions like Ratatouille with no issue.

So....personally.....I’d be curious to hear on if there maybe something more happening behind the scenes as when I visited DHS two days ago and exited Muppet*Vision, it seems as if the Grand Avenue theming has extended all the way down to the entrance of the store with all that’s left being the paint marks, the Kermit clock, the two giant Kermit statues, and a few other tiny details.

Of course, for years, the Muppet Studio Store has been slowly becoming less and less Muppets and more like a normal store (that, for some reason, recently started selling Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise especially).

Maybe, with the excuse of it being closed for “budgetary reasons”, they might be removing all the timeless Muppets decorations inside and replacing it with more generic Disney ones.

Hopefully I’m wrong but who knows with Mr. Clean in charge.
To my understanding aside from staffing issues, it’s mainly about lack of merchandise variety. Due to the global supply chain issues they can not maintain their normal supply of merch, so I’m sure they are prioritizing what sells the most, and I’m assuming the muppets aren’t super high on that list. They’ve also been selling NBC merch in that store since at the latest 2016.

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
To my understanding aside from staffing issues, it’s mainly about lack of merchandise variety. Due to the global supply chain issues they can not maintain their normal supply of merch, so I’m sure they are prioritizing what sells the most, and I’m assuming the muppets aren’t super high on that list
I didn’t even think about that. That would probably make sense.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
To my understanding aside from staffing issues, it’s mainly about lack of merchandise variety. Due to the global supply chain issues they can not maintain their normal supply of merch, so I’m sure they are prioritizing what sells the most, and I’m assuming the muppets aren’t super high on that list. They’ve also been selling NBC merch in that store since at the latest 2016.
But again, the store was barely selling muppets merch anyways. I'd think Nightmare merch is profitable lol

TikibirdLand

It’s still depressing and worries me about what might be happening to Muppet*Vision (even though I’ve been worried about that leaving for YEARS).
Unfortunately, I agree. Since Disney purchased The Muppets, they haven't figured out what to do with them. I loved the New Muppet Movie with Jason Segel. The follow-up, not so much. Indeed, the flops have been quite a few: Even The Muppets show on ABC and Muppets Now just weren't that good. I'm a BIG Muppet fan. But, The Muppets Haunted Mansion was just better than no Muppets, frankly.

I think the reason why the 2011 Muppet Movie was so successful is that they had Jason Segal and Nicholas Stoller, both lovers of the muppets leading the charge. And, as a musical, it fit with the rest of the original movies back in the '70's. Can you imagine that, if they collaborated on a new movie for the Muppet theater? It would be worth it, to me at least, to wear a mask and get over to DHS to see it!

tcool123

A few of my cast member friends have mentioned that some of the stores that have reopened are going to have shut down again due to the supply chain. According to one friend Beverly Sunset will be temporarily shutting its doors as it’s merchandise is moved to feed the stores on Sunset Boulevard.

zapple

A few of my cast member friends have mentioned that some of the stores that have reopened are going to have shut down again due to the supply chain. According to one friend Beverly Sunset will be temporarily shutting its doors as it’s merchandise is moved to feed the stores on Sunset Boulevard.
Beverly Sunset’s been closed for about 2 weeks now.

PaulZ

When we were there a couple weeks ago the Christmas store was closed too. I told my wife I think stuff like that being closed is so dumb.

A.) it’s near Christmas time
B.) You have all the stores that sell the same stuff open all over the place. Why can’t you close one or two of those to open the more specialty ones in the parks?
C.) Rizzos was open. That’s the first time since I got passes and was there since 2018 I’ve ever seen it open. You can open that and not the Muppet Store or Christmas shop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom