Why is Tokyo DisneySea soooo much better than any other park worldwide?

mbroschak

Original Poster
Hi all,

first of all, I'm a hardcore Disney fan through and through. Been to DL more times than I can count, WDW on 7 separate trips, 4 Disney crusies, twice to what was EuroDisney and now Disneyland Paris and once to Tokyo Disneyland before DisneySea opened. I've seen some very detailed footage of DisneySea and this park is unbelievable, the attractions, the shows (including now the new fantasmic) the fit and finish of every detail of the park blows everything we have at our American parks out of the water. How is this so when all of the roots of the company are here? That park looks incredible down to the last tile on the floor and it makes me sad that we will never see that kind of top notch theme park design stateside.

cheezbat

$3 billion dollars on a theme park on opening day is why. They NEVER spend more than a billion on opening a new park here stateside. If only Disney realized just how much better all of their other parks could be, and how much MORE money they would make from new and returning guests.

Keep your eyes on the Shanghai park...supposedly they're dropping $3.7 billion into that park...should be close to on par with the level of excellence of Tokyo Disneysea...it may become the best Magic Kingdom style park anywhere!

sweetpee_1993

Because Disney doesn't own it. Then everything cheezbat said. Now back to Disney doesn't own it. It's very veeeeery well maintained. Disney should take notes from the Oriental Land Company. If you want a truly superior park that nobody can touch you gotta loosen the purse strings more and be committed to doing it right from the get-go.

Sarabell

because disney doesn't own it. Then everything cheezbat said. Now back to disney doesn't own it. It's very veeeeery well maintained. Disney should take notes from the oriental land company. If you want a truly superior park that nobody can touch you gotta loosen the purse strings more and be committed to doing it right from the get-go.

amen!

Steve31

I totally agree Disney Sea is really really cool and probably one of my favorite Disney parks ever, I just wish they put the same effort in the original park there which is not even close to the details compared to the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom