Why is Raya not being promoted on the Disney Channel?

LovePop

Original Poster
I watch the Disney Channel and Disney XD every day. Every since Raya and the Last Dragon came out, there has been no commercials about it that I've seen, with the exception of a McDonald's ad promoting their happy meal toys featuring Raya, but that's all. It spends one second to announce "now playing in theaters" at the end, but that's it. No trailer of what the movie is about, no scene from the movie, nothing.

This has never happened before. For example, back when The BFG came out in 2016, both Disney channels were constantly airing long promotions for the movie, which annoyed me to no end because I didn't like the look of it at all, and I was forced to look at it for weeks.

Heppenheimer

Maybe they know the movie won't make back its budget thanks to COVID. So, no point spending even more money promoting it when they've essentially already written it off.

A shame. I quite liked the film, and I wasn't expecting I would (I had the opposite reaction to Soul, unfortunately).

champdisney

Maybe they know the movie won't make back its budget thanks to COVID. So, no point spending even more money promoting it when they've essentially already written it off.

A shame. I quite liked the film, and I wasn't expecting I would (I had the opposite reaction to Soul, unfortunately).
Don’t think so. Promoting Raya would have meant promoting Disney+ in which Disney is actively looking for more subscribers.

That would have been Disney killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom