Why is June 14th special, especially this year? The answer is that it is the 60th anniversary of three attractions at the DLR

JD2000

Why do people appear to have such distaste for the Submarine Voyage? It is polling as the least favorite of those attractions on MiceChat. Is it the projections, the Finding Nemo theme, or the ride in general? It is a unique and cool experience to me. And would be disheartening to not have liquid space represented. We already lost inner space.

TP2000

Disney changing history again... Oh well

I'm sure the photo op uses the E Coupon wording in the corner, they can't be that stupid.

Even if they outsourced this photo op to a 24 year old summer intern, the 20 seconds worth of Google searching they would do for this job would lead them to the correct images with the correct E Coupon nomenclature on it.

It didn't help that the introductory page on the front of the booklet described it as a "ticket book", while the actual tickets used the word "Coupon".

Vintage-Disney-ticket-books-750x500.jpg

And, the paper stock they printed them on had Globe Ticket Company watermarks on it with "Ticket" used repeatedly. Which is why American culture refers to them as "E Tickets".

59+Replica+E.JPG

Look at that 1959 lineup of E Ticket (Coupon!) rides that would baffle today's audience;
Monorail (still two years away from going over to the Disneyland Hotel)
Disneyland Railroad
Mark Twain
Sailing Ship Columbia
Tom Sawyer Island

And I love how it was so blatantly TWA Rocket To The Moon. Whereas now if they could get a corporate sponsor it would be more muffled and obscured like Rocket To The Moon, Presented by Virgin Galactic.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
THe original booklets included a Admission Ticket, and a set of ride coupons. So the Book did contain ONE Ticket, along with multiple ride coupons.

mickEblu

This image right here captures why they can’t just go and throw away the lagoon and monorail for an FL expansion or TL redo. They have to find a way ticket work around them.

A017E507-1200-49D6-847B-143EE8FDCFE2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom