Why is Harmonious off center???

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
I couldn't find where the reason for Harmonious being off center had been previously discussed beyond being complained about, so I'm wondering if anyone has any logical explanation why they wouldn't align the center ring with the actual center of World Showcase?

LittleMerman

Maybe it has something to do with making sure everywhere has a great view around the lagoon? I saw it live and I didn't notice it was off-centered so it didn't bother me. I'm sure there's a logistical reason for it.

UNCgolf

The two potential reasons I've heard (and I don't recall if either were from a reputable source) were to align it with the festival center so those people would have the best views -- which of course wasn't built -- or because they used existing infrastructure from Illuminations that required the centerpiece to be off-center instead of adding something new for Harmonious to avoid the issue.

peter11435

The two potential reasons I've heard (and I don't recall if either were from a reputable source) were to align it with the festival center so those people would have the best views -- which of course wasn't built -- or because they used existing infrastructure from Illuminations that required the centerpiece to be off-center instead of adding something new for Harmonious to avoid the issue.
Second one.

The icon barge for harmonious is docked to the existing infrastructure from Reflections of earth. Since the harmonious barge is significantly larger this pushes its center off center on the lagoon.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Can you please explain a little bit more about an OCD trap?
1655259161420.png

tpoly88

It’s for when you drink too many times around the world.

You’ll see two - perfectly centered
Love it! Was there this past Saturday, harmonious is so bad compared to what was. First the view during the day now is awful and ruined the lake. During the show if you can’t see the screens the fireworks look like just random. We left after 10 minutes. Btw Peter Noone was great!!

Gringrinngghost

I couldn't find where the reason for Harmonious being off center had been previously discussed beyond being complained about, so I'm wondering if anyone has any logical explanation why they wouldn't align the center ring with the actual center of World Showcase?
My 2 Lincolns.

The show matches to where the line of sight was going to be for the Epcot Three level festival center that was ultimately modified.

1655420850382.png

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well, you see... Here at imagineering, it all starts with an idea! We think, “how will we get people to notice that we have something NEW in the lagoon?” And then Todd bursts out “make it off center!” He meant it as a joke. But then we got to thinking.... if the GUESTS are the MAGIC... Then we can give them the power to MAGICALLY make it center! We like to think outside the box here at imagineering. And we have to constantly remind ourselves that it is up to the GUESTS to make sure that everything is perfectly magical. So, the plan? Ever so slightly move the entire display a tad bit to the right... That way, guests will notice it. (We didn’t think they’d notice the 1000 foot tall tacos so we added that extra little bit of magic). That way when the guest notices that it is off center, we remind them “Oh! We are the magic! We will create our OWN center viewing.”

And the rest is history!

We have a similarly inspiring story for our new billboard if you’d ever like to hear. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom