Why is Ariel's Adventure ride an e-ticket?

tinkerblonde11

Original Poster
I was just wondering about this. From what I know e-ticket rides are fast and thrilling (i.e. Splash Mountain and The Tower of Terror). I heard that Ariel's Adventure is going to be an omnimover. Why is this an e-ticket? Omnimovers move very slow. I would love another e-ticket, but I just kinda don't understand... hehe. Help me out here?? :)

Figment632

I was just wondering about this. From what I know e-ticket rides are fast and thrilling (i.e. Splash Mountain and The Tower of Terror). I heard that Ariel's Adventure is going to be an omnimover. Why is this an e-ticket? Omnimovers move very slow. I would love another e-ticket, but I just kinda don't understand... hehe. Help me out here?? :)

Nothing to do with something being an E-ticket, an E Tic is whatever Disney wants it to be Country Bear Jamboree was an Eticket at one time.

E is really based on scale , scope, and haow immersive something is IMO TOT is an E but RnRC is a D.

devoy1701

it has to do with the size of the attraction, the amount of immersion, the theming, the thrill level, etc...definitely not just about speed.

tinkerblonde11

Original Poster
Ooh okay thank you. I can't wait for this ride to open. I'm going to WDW this June. Can you see the construction updates from outside the walls when you're in Fantasyland? Like, is it possiblr to see anything?

DisneyNut2007

American Adventure and Hall of Presidents are e-tickets.

Same for The Haunted Mansion (another Omnimover ride), Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World and The Great Movie Ride.

Heck, even the Country Bear Jamboree and the now-defunct Mickey Mouse Revue were E-Ticket attractions when the Magic Kingdom first opened.

glee

Is ariels adventure going to be in WDW or DL?? Someone just told me it would be in disneyland but i thought it was being part of the new fantasyland!!???

forevermickey

What is an e ticket

Please forgive me, I have a four year old and it is so hard to keep up to date with everything. I remember reading about "e-tickets" a while ago but really have no idea what the reasoning behind it is? Are they using this to charge us more money for particular rides? Can someone please help me out with this? Thanks

dxwwf3

I would have considered Horizons and Spaceship Earth to be E-ticket attractions, but I kinda doubt that TLM will be detailed up to that level. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Please forgive me, I have a four year old and it is so hard to keep up to date with everything. I remember reading about "e-tickets" a while ago but really have no idea what the reasoning behind it is? Are they using this to charge us more money for particular rides? Can someone please help me out with this? Thanks
Way back in the day you had to buy a coupon book with A-E tickets in them to get on the attractions. E tickets were the highest level of tickets reserved for attractions like Space Mountain, 20K etc. Disney eventually ditched the coupon books and went to the all inclusive admission that we use today but the term e-ticket still sticks around and is used to describe the top of the line attractions.

ticket%20book.jpg

kcnole

Pirates and Haunted Mansion are both considered E-Tickets, while some E-tickets are thrilling, thrill doesn't make one an E-ticket nor lack of thrill.

juscet

It probably starts out as an E-ticket because it will be brand new and there will be a ton of people running to it when the park opens. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom