Why is ABC Commissary so bad?

DisneyDebNJ

My 17 year old daughter just walked up behind me and said are the talking about "ABC Commissary its disgusting!"
Over many years we have had many trips and they have just not been good. Its very crowded. The food seems to be cold most of the time.. The fish and fries are always greasy. It has just not worked for us.
On the POSTIVE side we ate there at the Pop Warner Party in December. Because it was a special event the food was included so everything was free. We tried several NEW things on the menu Salmon, Grilled Chicken, and they where all very good. So I think they have heard the reviews and they are trying but I would still stick to your original choices of SR and PP... Have fun! :)
See, this was us in the 90s as well. I just never went back

tsaintc

ABC is awful. Cannot even mention it to the kids. We prefer Backlot Express. It has plenty of seating (indoor & outside) and a few interesting sandwich choices. In addition, the theming is rather well done for a QS location.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's just gross...Their burgers aren't the same like at Backlot Express..I also remember a few years back they "Themed" The meals to ABC Shows..
93256915.NMz0yh6n.jpg

Wilt Dasney

The horrible theming inspires the kitchen crew to make the food just as uninspiring and bland. It's just authenticity and consistency, folks. There's probably 8 pages in the Commissary's show bible about how serving someone an interesting meal would clash with the dull surroundings.

WellFedDave

Not sure what was the deal when we ate here in October 2012, but we ate at an off-hour, somewhere between 2pm-3pm and had no issues. Was actually quite pleased with the meal. Backlot express on the other hand, was awful.

jw24

Quality wise, it just falls flat in my honest opinion. Everyone's taste is different, I understand but the fish and chips I had back in 2010, I didn't enjoy because one, the fish was way too greasy and that dampened the flavor of the fish and it didn't have the right texture. I could taste the fried coating but not the actual fish! What makes a good fish and chips is having a solid taste of both fish and outer coating of batter combined in each bite. I know the menu's changed since then but I'm not convinced. An overall rating of 5 out of 10 on AllEars.net review forum doesn't sound promising.

RonAnnArbor

Food is meh at best, but the same burgers you get everywhere else. Counter service workers really slave away. The problem here is the kitchen -- slowest and most behind of any park QS anywhere in WDW -- not sure if its the way things are done back there, the lack of space for anyone to work, or things just poorly organized -- but you can be one of three people in line and wait for 10-15 minutes sometimes...and its been like that since it opened...

BryceM

I thought it was fine. It was quiet in there when I ate and they played Modern Family. The Asian chicken salad was very good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom