Why hasn't WDW reservations addressed/fixed the unbelievably long hold times?

MickeyLuv'r

Since the vast majority (I know, not all) are calling on cellphones nowadays, and there is no long distance charge on cell phones, the cost to the caller is exactly the same dialing 407 numbers as a toll free number. With that in mind why should Disney pay extra for all the minutes on a toll free number when there is no benefit to most callers since they aren’t paying long distance anyway.
Except we are using minutes.
One 5 minute phone call is not big deal, but 90minutes could easily = a charge for going over on minutes, especially if one - eeek! - had to call twice.

Long ago, WDW did have an 800 number. For a time, it was well know, then for a time they stopped advertising while still quietly keeping it. Then WDW forums happened, and we gave the number out to each other. Eventually, WDW cut the 800 number, though they likely planned to cut the 800 no matter what, because cell phones were on the rise.

donsullivan

Premium Member
One 5 minute phone call is not big deal, but 90minutes could easily = a charge for going over on minutes, especially if one - eeek! - had to call twice.

Long ago, WDW did have an 800 number. For a time, it was well know, then for a time they stopped advertising while still quietly keeping it. Then WDW forums happened, and we gave the number out to each other. Eventually, WDW cut the 800 number, though they likely planned to cut the 800 no matter what, because cell phones were on the rise.
I guess I live in a bubble then since voice on my mobile phone has been unlimited minutes for many years now. The only variable cost I have is the amount of data I choose to use. But again, cell phone minutes are irrelevant to whether it's a toll free or local number.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

What year is it!?

Can you even get a cell phone plan that doesn't have unlimited minutes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom