Why doesn’t Animal Kingdom consider a nighttime drone show?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I keep seeing photos of the drone show at Dollywood this summer and keep thinking how something like this could work at AK since they can’t/won’t do fireworks. They could redo some kind of light and water effects show with drones as well.

I just hope whatever they come up with one day has a better feel and finale than what they’ve tried before. So much potential but so little enjoyment with what they produced in the past.
8315181E-2868-4E25-AEF6-5B9B844B6CB0.jpeg
2BB7BC6E-FB5A-4F74-B7B6-EDCEF3441F8A.jpeg
670ACAE1-4193-4D5D-81B4-BAFE3E20C9D7.jpeg
CF9ACD39-3C43-45AC-9617-7DA2EFA19995.jpeg

TTA94

You’d think Disney would be all for doing something like this, but my guess is it’s a major safety concern (for Disney) and also a weather/wind issue.

dreday3

Yeah but they’ve raised their prices on a lot of things as well. Following the Disney model but with much worse food IMO

We go for 4 nights normally. Booked a family suite at DreamMore even though just two of us. We loved the room last time, right by pool.
Room is still less than what we are paying for Disney!

I do agree on the food!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
We go for 4 nights normally. Booked a family suite at DreamMore even though just two of us. We loved the room last time, right by pool.
Room is still less than what we are paying for Disney!

I do agree on the food!
I don’t live that far from Dollywood. What always drives me crazy is it could be so much better with just changes in little things. Also they need way more indoor family rides instead of building new coasters every year

JIMINYCR

Spacing?? They have the area where RoL was but it’s not a large enough space like Fantasmic stadium for a huge seating with sky clearance for viewing.

Robbiem

Something like this or the flying dragon from magic kingdom would be great additions, Animal kingdom deserves something unique for nighttime entertainment

flynnibus

Premium Member
You’d think Disney would be all for doing something like this, but my guess is it’s a major safety concern (for Disney) and also a weather/wind issue.

They are done all over the country now... they are pretty common.

My guess is it's something Disney might think it's below them by now...

Splashin' Ryan

They are done all over the country now... they are pretty common.

My guess is it's something Disney might think it's below them by now...
But Kites arent below them?? I'm not saying you're wrong but Disney needs to realize how much of a draw it would be.

I still don't see why they couldn't put a mini world of color in the lagoon... seems like a good place for it.

They could even mix drones and fountains like below:

flynnibus

Premium Member
But Kites arent below them?? I'm not saying you're wrong but Disney needs to realize how much of a draw it would be.

I can't say I see Kites used how EF used them common place. (and the audience reaction to them also backs that up..)

But just drone shows? I mean, my beach town is putting on free drone shows in the city park all summer long.

I'm not saying their show is Disney-level... but the tech as a draw in itself has quickly moved to 'seen that before...' - its not something that is a 'oo ahh' on its own.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do like the idea of drones as an alternative to the noise/pollution issue with DAK though

I just wonder how much Disney is interested in trying 'nighttime' again at DAK. Did anyone do anything but Everest, Pandora, and Dinosaur at night in the park? I think Disney needs to fix the attraction lineup a bit more to support the evening. RoL could have been it... but things like the tree lighting, and smaller shows alone aren't enough. Just IMHO.

doctornick

Guess I'm a simpleton - I've never seen a drone show and I think it would be fun.

Me too. I was expecting to see them in the new Epcot show as was rumored at one point but alas no. The show at DS seemed neat and I could totally see a larger version of that with quality sound and some other effects (lasers, fire, etc.) in one of the parks as a distinct nighttime spectacular. And year DAK does seem like it would make a lot of sense so kudos for the OP for the suggestion. Would be nice to see the nice theater they build used for a new nighttime show...

(yes, I know the kites are coming, that seems much lower scale)

doctornick

I do like the idea of drones as an alternative to the noise/pollution issue with DAK though

I just wonder how much Disney is interested in trying 'nighttime' again at DAK. Did anyone do anything but Everest, Pandora, and Dinosaur at night in the park? I think Disney needs to fix the attraction lineup a bit more to support the evening. RoL could have been it... but things like the tree lighting, and smaller shows alone aren't enough. Just IMHO.

Definitely needs a dark ride or two to fill out the park more in addition to a nighttime show. Awakenings is great as a complimentary nighttime fix.

I still think that putting Mystic Manor in that park would be exactly what it needs. Or a Jungle Book ride with the Shanghai POTC tech.

Nottamus

Drone show ANY park would be pretty cool to view.

I happened to be at Hollywood studios the week ROTR opened. For that first week they had two “big” drones decked out to look like X-wings…all they did was go straight up, then straight down, but part of a show in SWGE…they looked awesome!

should have kept those as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom