why does it skip then freeze?

dreamteacher

Original Poster
all the home made movies that I put on dvd on all dvd players are playing for a while then it skips for a moment then freeze and you cant do anything after that why is this? It acts like if the disc is getting too hot put the disk is not hot and in that case why are not all dvds doing that. I used Pinaccle to make the dvds. Please help?

dreamteacher

Original Poster
dolbyman said:
what encoder do you use ? ... is the bitrate high enough ?
What is a encoder and a bitrate? I probably wont even know even after you tell me what they are. my mom has pinacle on her computer

dolbyman

with encoder I basicly meant the program you use for encoding the video to dvd compatible format

bitrate is the amount of data the (video) stream is granted to produce a picture
if it's too low some decoders (software oder hardware) might struggle in playback

another theroy:

with what speed are you burning your dvd's ?
never burn video dvd's with full speed.. try lowering the speed by 50% so instead of 8x burn them with 4x

dolbyman

I use sony vegas ..
I have several options

through direct firewire conversion via my camcorder
via my tv capture card (external input)
via my ati vivo grahpics card (external input)

dreamteacher

Original Poster
dolbyman said:
with encoder I basicly meant the program you use for encoding the video to dvd compatible format

bitrate is the amount of data the (video) stream is granted to produce a picture
if it's too low some decoders (software oder hardware) might struggle in playback

another theroy:

with what speed are you burning your dvd's ?
never burn video dvd's with full speed.. try lowering the speed by 50% so instead of 8x burn them with 4x

On these I do not know all I know is that we put it from the camcorder into a Dazzle thing ( the camcorder is hooked up to the Dazzle) and then from the Dazzle it is hooked up to the Computer. and we use pinnacle for the program

dolbyman

did you try lowering the burning speed ?

You'll also probably need a LOT of disk space...and I mean gigs and gigs of space (preferably defragmented)

he already burned a dvd .. so I guess the HDD space is sufficent :animwink:

dolbyman

hmhm .. so the problem is not there at first ?

well then you should change the brand of dvd's ... btw never store them in bright sunlight or heat !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom