Why do you members complain so much?

RadioHead

Original Poster
It's sort of annoying.

I love all things disney as much as you guys, and I have cherished memories of disney world as much as any of you.

That said, it seems like you guys complain so much about every little thing.

I can barely afford to take my kids to the world because of the economy downturn these past few years, thus I try appreciate disney world for what it is, rather than what it isn't, regardless of it's flaws. But honestly some of you guys talk as if you are actual residents there.

That's why i try not to frequent this site as much because your only a stones throw away from someone whining and complaining.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is a discussion form. It has something for everyone. If you don't want to hear people discussing the faults of the company, then you should probably stick to the Trip Reports section of this forum instead of General Discussion.

Like I said, you can find most any type of discussion here...it's just where you look. The really active conversations typically are for people who enjoy discussing every little nuance of WDW good and bad.

It's sort of annoying.

I love all things disney as much as you guys, and I have cherished memories of disney world as much as any of you.

That said, it seems like you guys complain so much about every little thing.

I can barely afford to take my kids to the world because of the economy downturn these past few years, thus I try appreciate disney world for what it is, rather than what it isn't, regardless of it's flaws. But honestly some of you guys talk as if you are actual residents there.

That's why i try not to frequent this site as much because your only a stones throw away from someone whining and complaining.

Yeah, that's why I left a few years ago and quit posting and stuff. People are complaining WAY too much about so many LITTLE things.

PUSH

Everyone has their own opinion and are entitled to their opinion. You are entitled to your opinion just like them. If you don't like people complaining about WDW, then you should stay away from threads that contain those types of things. It's usually pretty easy to tell what threads will have it...

PS- Don't open any threads containing the word "napkin."

rsoxguy

This is such a coincidence. Just the other day I received an email stating that we should all complain within a stone's throw away in order to get Radiohead to not frequent this site as much. Whacky!

copcarguyp71

I had something much less nice typed but deleted it as I truly believe in peoples right to speak their mind...which brings me to my point. Yes, there are doom and gloomers on here but there is also a wealth of information to be had even when reading a particularly scathing post you can gain usable information and discard the rest as superfluous rabble.

Complaining about the complainers only serves to throw gas on the fire. I myself have posted things (complaints) just to see if I was being unreasonable in my expectations or if others had noticed the very things that I had as well. Lock 1000 people in a room and give them all truth serum and voila...internet forum!

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I truly believe that without legit complaints, NO company would ever try to improve (or maintain) itself. Complaints do serve a purpose. It is consumer feedback. And, I do believe they peak around at the chat forums..... not that I have any proof. People complain, talk things out, some complaints are legit, some are dumb (IMHO only), but in the end, people here tend to love disney and just want the max experience when they go there.

We all spend lots of money to go there, and I am extremely grateful to go when I do. It is getting expensive and with the economy, it is harder for some folks to get there. When we DO get there, it can be disappointing to see rides not working, food quality not matching the price, or whatever else someone views as a negative. Complaining isn't a sign of "un-appreciation" of being there.

There are some that get to go a great deal. I would especially if I lived near there. So yes, some do "live" there. That is a local business. The locals SHOULD care about it as it drives in MANY tourists to the area. If quality goes to crap and people stop coming many of those local will lose their jobs.

Just skip the ones you don't want to read :)

menamechris

Why do sports fans call talk radio and complain about their favorite sport teams?

When I don't like the discussion, I change the channel.;)

This is a great comparision. Any product or company that has a strong fan following attracts some of the harshest criticism and complaints. On the other hand, they are also praised and rewarded when they do something well and right.

G00fyDad

Yeah, that's why I left a few years ago and quit posting and stuff. People are complaining WAY too much about so many LITTLE things.

But remember that there are "so many little things" wrong in Disney World. Those that frequent these forums see it and discuss it, but the average Disney World visitor never knows anything is even wrong. That being said, I do appreciate my visits to Disney and while I am there I ignore all of the "many little things" and just have a good time. Because let's face it, no amount of bi***ing we do here is ever going to change Disney's mind and make them take action. I have my doubts that Disney even reads these forums any more. :(

Britt

I miss Disney World so much right now, Im willing to take it with whatever small things wrong with it....LOL As long as Splash Mountains Log doesnt tip over, i'd give anything to be on it...lol

ParentsOf4

I miss Disney World so much right now, Im willing to take it with whatever small things wrong with it....LOL As long as Splash Mountains Log doesnt tip over, i'd give anything to be on it...lol
Sadly, this is exactly why The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) does what it does. TWDC management is counting on brand loyalty to endure while regularly increasing prices and systematically cutting back on elements of 'show'. They are counting on guests turning a blind eye to quality, hoping meet-and-greets plus a few free Fast Passes will be enough to placate the masses. They are counting on our devotion to WDW while they remain devoted to their annual bonuses.

When it comes to WDW, I'm one of those "remember when" people who recall a time when WDW was significantly less expensive while still being tremendously more committed to 'show'. I recall a time when TWDC was cited at business seminars as one of the world's premiere examples of business excellence, when companies tried to emulate Disney's outstanding example. Unfortunately, today's TWDC leadership has more in common with Wall Street than Walt Disney.

You view WDW as a place of joy and excitement, a place full of happiness and wonder. TWDC views you as a revenue stream.

I'm hoping (perhaps foolishly) the proverbial spanking that UOR has inflicted on WDW over the last 2 years has taught TWDC management the lesson that they can't take WDW for granted.

Britt

Sadly, this is exactly why The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) does what it does. TWDC management is counting on brand loyalty to endure while regularly increasing prices and systematically cutting back on elements of 'show'. They are counting on guests turning a blind eye to quality, hoping meet-and-greets plus a few free Fast Passes will be enough to placate the masses. They are counting on our devotion to WDW while they remain devoted to their annual bonuses.

When it comes to WDW, I'm one of those "remember when" people who recall a time when WDW was significantly less expensive while still being tremendously more committed to 'show'. I recall a time when TWDC was cited at business seminars as one of the world's premiere examples of business excellence, when companies tried to emulate Disney's outstanding example. Unfortunately, today's TWDC leadership has more in common with Wall Street than Walt Disney.

You view WDW as a place of joy and excitement, a place full of happiness and wonder. TWDC views you as a revenue stream.

I'm hoping (perhaps foolishly) the proverbial spanking that UOR has inflicted on WDW over the last 2 years has taught TWDC management the lesson that they can't take WDW for granted.
I totally agree!!! They bank on people like me! They know that despite the issues in and with the parks, that people like me and my family will be back. We hold so many happy memories there and just keep WDW in our hearts as always positive.

Then we get there and it's a TEENY let down in some aspects when you see the issues you "forget" about!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom