Why do you believe WDW has gone downhill?

eliza61nyc

Despite, the lack of any substantial chance of that happening: it would definitely be very interesting to see Disney go through some tough financial trouble like: a "super super hostile takeover", bankrupcy on main street's door step or a super financial fail like Euro Disney times a lot, I dunn'o. But, the point being that their benchmark of American culture would be grappling and they'd have to get into the dirt to dig themselves out, imagination, creativity & 'innoventions' at the company would really be interesting......
unfortunately I think in order for to go through really altering financial trouble that would probably mean the US economy is also going to hit a rough patch. Do I want average Joe citizen to get stressed out financially so the house of mouse could finally step up it's imagination and creativity departments?? nah...

Miss Bella

They appeal to parents -- kids don't have jobs, so they don't have any money. Walt late in his life said his most important target demographic was the moms out there, because if you get her, then you got the kids, the dad, and sometimes even the grandparents.
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Most people go to WDW because it's a vacation the kids will enjoy. I'm a mom I can guarantee you if I hadn't had kids WDW wouldn't even have been on my radar. Yeah Kids don't have jobs, but while kids are in our home our life pretty much revolves around them. There's lot's of places I'd like to go that my kids would not enjoy. I'll wait until there gone to visit those places.

Miss Bella

unfortunately I think in order for to go through really altering financial trouble that would probably mean the US economy is also going to hit a rough patch. Do I want average Joe citizen to get stressed out financially so the house of mouse could finally step up it's imagination and creativity departments?? nah...
I would rather not be able to afford WDW then see a repeat of 2008. I live in the heart of the housing bubble. It was devastating for many of my neighbors and coworkers. Of course it it was in some part due to their own greed and stupidity that caused their problems, but none the less it was real downer. We did get some great deals at WDW during those years, but I wouldn't wish that stress on my worst enemy. I always remember the phrase "By the grace of God go I".

PB Watermelon

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Most people go to WDW because it's a vacation the kids will enjoy. I'm a mom I can guarantee you if I hadn't had kids WDW wouldn't even have been on my radar. Yeah Kids don't have jobs, but while kids are in our home our life pretty much revolves around them. There's lot's of places I'd like to go that my kids would not enjoy. I'll wait until there gone to visit those places.

You just proved Walt right.

eliza61nyc

You just proved Walt right.
got that right, that's why I laugh when posters here "dismiss" others who say they like it because their kids had a good time. for example Toy story land. lol, I have grand nieces and nephews and I watch my siblings them lose their minds and hand over their wallets, as they gaze lovingly at their grandkids as they beg for some trinket. :D

Last edited:
Just returned from Disney. The one thing I've noticed is that the buses don't seem to run as frequent as they used to. For example, from Hollywood Studios to Wilderness Lodge, mid day, we waited 40 minutes for a bus.

Indy_UK

This is what upsets me more than anything. My twitter has literally been 'littered' with pictures like this over the last 24 hours.

It never, ever used to be like this and truly proves they don't care anymore

IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG

Indy_UK

Totally the wrong attitude to push people towards social media unless the cast members themselves have had enough too and believe it's the only way Disney will listen?

erasure fan1

I think trending on social media inanegative way would make them wake up
Most companies? Yes. Disney? I'm not so sure. I truly believe that they think they are invincible. No matter what they do people keep coming. The only thing that will sway Disney is actual dollars lost, and I can't see them worrying about social media. I think they are wrong but I know they don't care what I think.

Lyman

So, I'm actually writing an essay and I need the voices of those who believe Disney World has lost its special touch.

What are changes Disney has made you believe have been for the worst? And does it represent something greater? Are there things you see now that you don't like? Essentially, I need people to complain about Disney World so I have arguments to address.

For example:
Not fixing the Yeti as a sign that Disney fails to maintain their rides to the extent they should.
Or,
Food quality, in general, has gone down but the prices remain high indicating Disney is being cheap.

The only thing else I ask for is to say something more creative than "crowds" and "ticket Price Increase." Least, if you say these give a unique argument as to why they're bad

Thanks!

Oh! And if you don't think Disney has gone downhill, I'd take those responses too!

Edit: Maybe downhill was too broad of a term. I'm really just seeking what changes or things have there been that have reduced the quality of your Walt Disney World Experience.
I do not agree that WDW has gone downhill and therefore need counter-arguments. Rather than assuming what the counter-arguments are, I thought it'd be nice to quote some. Therefore, I really would like specific points of an argument.

Not cheap...Greedy!

Bpmorley

Some information I gathered from people down in that area. With the economy picking up, less people are going to disney for jobs. I was told from a worker they are very short staffed, so the ones working are doing tons of extra shifts. Which means workers are more tired and apt to forget duties. Bus drivers are a huge thing. When I retire and move to that area my plan is to drive a bus a couple days a week. From what I'm told they can't get drivers because anyone that can drive anything big is working in deliveries and trucking where they pay way more. I hope it's still going like this in 4.5 years when I do retire.

eliza61nyc

Some information I gathered from people down in that area. With the economy picking up, less people are going to disney for jobs. I was told from a worker they are very short staffed, so the ones working are doing tons of extra shifts. Which means workers are more tired and apt to forget duties. Bus drivers are a huge thing. When I retire and move to that area my plan is to drive a bus a couple days a week. From what I'm told they can't get drivers because anyone that can drive anything big is working in deliveries and trucking where they pay way more. I hope it's still going like this in 4.5 years when I do retire.
And that's actually a good thing. Better workers will provide better experiences. If they want the better employees they'll have to offer competitive wages.

So, I'm actually writing an essay and I need the voices of those who believe Disney World has lost its special touch.

What are changes Disney has made you believe have been for the worst? And does it represent something greater? Are there things you see now that you don't like? Essentially, I need people to complain about Disney World so I have arguments to address.

For example:
Not fixing the Yeti as a sign that Disney fails to maintain their rides to the extent they should.
Or,
Food quality, in general, has gone down but the prices remain high indicating Disney is being cheap.

The only thing else I ask for is to say something more creative than "crowds" and "ticket Price Increase." Least, if you say these give a unique argument as to why they're bad

Thanks!

Oh! And if you don't think Disney has gone downhill, I'd take those responses too!

Edit: Maybe downhill was too broad of a term. I'm really just seeking what changes or things have there been that have reduced the quality of your Walt Disney World Experience.
I do not agree that WDW has gone downhill and therefore need counter-arguments. Rather than assuming what the counter-arguments are, I thought it'd be nice to quote some. Therefore, I really would like specific points of an argument.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom