Why do people from the Uk come to WDW

Dragonrider1227

like I said, WDW offers more. Aside from Phantom Manor, and the castle interior, I don't really see anything in DLP that REALLY grabs my attention.

it398

we go to WDW instead of paris for the same reason as most americans visit WDW instead of disneyland.
whilst the paris parks are ok, the distance is a lot shorter and therfore cheaper, you cant guarante the weather and there's not enough there for a 2 week holiday.
we tend to visit paris once a yearto get our annual "disney fix" and tend to visit WDW very 2 or 3 years as our finances dictate. as a result i have visited Paris 11 times (trip 12 in 46days) and WDW 6 times, and disneyland once.

PBarton

Disney Studios Paris is a total let down too. You can see everything in a couple of hours, there was hardly any places to eat (and they were all mega expensive) and the whole studio site looks like they just dropped all of the buildings onto a car park.

We travelled to DLP by coach, it took more than 15 hours :brick: Could have got half way to Australia on a plane in that time! :hammer:

Mecha Figment

Original Poster
this are all great answers. I do hope I didn't give the impression that i don't want any brits here. I just meet a lot of them and i was curious what the reasons were behind it. now i know:drevil:

Tim G

marni1971 said:
What IS he rambling about?

Wrong, wrong, worong... I can`t be bothered to correct him.
I'll use my wand, and he'll magically will disapear... *********
POOF !!! He's gone...:) :D :lol:

ogryn

Videoteck said:
Eh not that I am from the UK or anything but...Theres tons of reasons that people like WDW better that I could think of...1st the just tropical Florida.2nd Well we all know that France is kinda er jerks to the U.S. and its always like that throught history and I think UK people like U.S. more than France so they come here.3rd Disneyland Paris sucks.4th France people are jerks.Example for the reason they are jerks when U.S. was being formed during Adams term in office we sent people over to negoitiate with France and these 3 dudes appear and started being unreasonable JERKS!

There's no need for total xenophobia. All the French cast members were lovely.

And just remember where the Statue of Liberty came from ;)

SpaceMountainUK

This really shouldnt turn into a france bashing thread, afterall I'm sure some members of WDW may be french and are probably quite insulted by some of these comments!

After all America (and the UK) are far from perfect either!

WeLComeHomE OKW

Corrus said:
I'll use my wand, and he'll magically will disapear... *********
POOF !!! He's gone...:) :D :lol:
Wow, such attention to detail. Look at those size and color changes! lol, not only am i amazed at your magic Corrus, but i am most amazed by your style. (the attention to detail makes it obvious your with disney, :drevil: )

Tigger2000

disneydude2000 said:
because disneyland paris is pure crap!!!!!
i live in ashford kent with an international station where i could pick up the Eurostar.
Disneyland Paris has no magic because the park is completly french and they are always complaining and are on strike. The park has also been on the down since it was built just read their history.
The weather is also a problem because it is always freezing there and most of the rides shut. if they had built the park in Alicante in spain they would have had more customers and the park would be much better.

So please close this thread because disneyland paris is not worth visiting and the only decent attractions are Space Mountain and the Indiana Jones rollercoaster.

sorry, i didn't have time to read the whole topic. Am in a hurry lol :p
I have to totally agree with this. As much as the park itself (decoration wise: castle, Diff Space mountain etc) is nice. WDW is soo much better!
I went to DLP in august last year and had such a horrible time, when I went to buy some food the girl at the stand practically THREW the change back at me. So i thought I'l dtry to speak french (doing it at higher GCSE lol) and she got even worse and was all moody. it wasn't pleasant. When it rains, it doesn't give that gorgeouse smell it does in florida either lol. I have a thingy for the humidity smell over there :p its dead nice.
but yeah, i wouldnt go back to DLP, and come on their studios are soooo rubbish!
WDW all the way. (plus the US is such a better place than france, eugh)
Je n'aime pas ca! (the c is sposed to have the little "5" under it, the acent lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom