Why aren't Captain Hook and Mr. Smee face characters?

rufio

Original Poster
Just something random I've been wondering and I guessed someone here might know! Peter Pan and Wendy are face character so why not the rest?

brb1006

Because Captain Hook looks terrifying as a face character as seen in Dream Along With Mickey!
4393318779_58b1891889.jpg

dream-along-with-mickey-1317.JPG

At least it's better at the previous version of Disneyland's Fantasmic. I would rather make the Queen Of Hearts a face character similar to how the Mad Hatter went from a costume to a face character.
3-61__MadHatter.jpg

latest

It's already used mainly at Club Villain but she deserves it the most and she is more entertaining as a result.
IMG_9314-1024x768.jpg

And the Queen Of Hearts non-speaking design has been used since the 70's and deserves this treatment outside of this event.
4940544785_2cbd3a9b52_b.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Because Captain Hook looks terrifying as a face character as seen in Dream Along With Mickey!
It's already used mainly at Club Villain but she deserves it the most and she is more entertaining as a result.
IMG_9314-1024x768.jpg

And the Queen Of Hearts non-speaking design has been used since the 70's and deserves this treatment outside of this event.
4940544785_2cbd3a9b52_b.jpg

Yeeeahhhh....There's one for The Stage & Ice show that's similar to Hook & Smee for the Queen.....It's not a pleasant face...
depositphotos_19354659-Queen-of-hearts-and-card.jpg

lazyboy97o

How a character looks on stage is not necessarily how they would look for a meet and greet. On stage, it makes sense to have more exaggerated facial features since people watching are further away. Think of the masks used in a variety of theater traditions around the world.

Personally, I think all humanoid characters should be face characters.

brb1006

How a character looks on stage is not necessarily how they would look for a meet and greet. On stage, it makes sense to have more exaggerated facial features since people watching are further away. Think of the masks used in a variety of theater traditions around the world.

Personally, I think all humanoid characters should be face characters.
Even Geppetto?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom