Why are hotels sold out/super expensive weekend of March 6, 2020???

Eamethyst

Just a thought, but this is also tax refund time. I've stayed on property with people using their refund to vacation. Locals head to Disney to staycation. It's not everything but it adds to the crowds. Florida spring break is in March usually not that early but much earlier than up north and not at Easter.
Locals have AP's and they usually don't go when it's so crowded. Locals don't stay at hotels. I know because I am one. There are universities located in MI, DC, IN, MA, NJ, etc that have spring break from the end of feb to March 7. There even high schools, junior highs, etc located in the midwest that have spring break the first week in march.There is also college spring training held at Disney ESPN complex from Feb until April.

DWLove

I’m staying at CSR Feb 29 to March 5, and the whole resort is sold out for all room categories including the tower. I was honestly wondering the same thing myself.
I am going the exact same dates, staying at AS Movies, booked awhile ago before they announced the opening date of MMRR etc. so worried about how busy it is going to be!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not much advice or explanation can be given to someone that already knows everything and just won't pay the price required.
We can't wave a magic wand and lower the price for you.
I really don't appreciate the rudeness. I was stating the facts that I knew, and the question I was asking- which was why were prices inflated/sold out- if there was a specific event (Such as a conference, or convention). There is no need to be hostile towards someone asking a simple question.

If you have nothing nice to say- than don't say anything at all.
Blaming the customer is a tactic often employeed when someone asks legitimate, practical questions...unfortunately.

The aggregate crowds in Orlando are much more consistent week to week and unfortunately driving prices up as well. No slow times really at all.

Hope your search goes well and you have a good time - nonetheless.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Locals have AP's and they usually don't go when it's so crowded. Locals don't stay at hotels. I know because I am one. There are universities located in MI, DC, IN, MA, NJ, etc that have spring break from the end of feb to March 7. There even high schools, junior highs, etc located in the midwest that have spring break the first week in march.There is also college spring training held at Disney ESPN complex from Feb until April.
“Locals” absolutely go to hotels for long weekends...especially during the cooler months during festivals.

Did you just move to Florida? Some of your cut and dry, black and white statements don’t mesh with local knowledge and experience.

And what is “college spring training”?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom