why are adrs 90 days instead of 180

kerrie

Original Poster
Why did they change them? I know im impatent so I get that its me but I was courious why they did that? I hope i can get the ones i want i hope . I mean ill take them for the charaters at any time.

Lucky

I think it's because too many people were planning too far in advance. Only the obsessive long range Diseny planners (guilty as charged) were able to get into certain restaurants, and normal people complained.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Its was reduced when Disney upgraded the ADR system last year - probably something to do with the software being used.

Those of us that planned that far in advance are being penalised because the majority spoke out. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter whether you plan yours ADRs at 180 or 90 days - just be by the phone at the right day

luvlifeinfl

Do you think it also had to do with folks planning that far ahead but for more than one location, so they are scaling it back so that on our 90 day the phone lines will be busy at Memeber services ADR.

jasondiff

Now they don't have to publish park hours 180 days in advance. Though at this point I wish they could get them up on the website at 90 days!

Rob562

Now they don't have to publish park hours 180 days in advance. Though at this point I wish they could get them up on the website at 90 days!

I believe this was the main reason behind scaling back the ADR window. With the current recession, people weren't planning trips long-term. So Disney wasn't able to have accurate crowd forecasts to set the park hours. Park hours are a must before they can offer ADRs. (i.e. they don't want to be making ADRs for times that end up being after park closing)

So, Disney's been keeping their planning very short-term. Shorter ADR windows were a necessary side-effect. (And one that I'm actually glad for. 180 days out was just too insanely far)

-Rob

natalia1681

Sorry for any confusion, but I have searched and can't find the answer:veryconfu

I thought that I remember reading that some restaurants (Cinderella's at MK, for example) were still booking 180 days out. Is that accurate? Or are all ADRs now 90 days?

Thanks!:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry for any confusion, but I have searched and can't find the answer:veryconfu

I thought that I remember reading that some restaurants (Cinderella's at MK, for example) were still booking 180 days out. Is that accurate? Or are all ADRs now 90 days?

Thanks!:wave:
All are 90

Phonedave

I for one wish they would go an even shorter time frame.

Sometimes I travel for business and end up in Orlando - on 2-3 weeks notice.

I know many locals complain because it kills the idea of going to WDW for dinner.

Does anybody use the Florida resident Epcot only after 5 PM annual pass anymore. It was designed for people who wanted to come to EPCOT for dinner. Now that you have to book 90 days out, whats the point. I don't plan my local dinners 90 days out. Heck, sometimes they are not 90 minutes out.

-dave

tjkref418

I for one wish they would go an even shorter time frame.

Sometimes I travel for business and end up in Orlando - on 2-3 weeks notice.

I know many locals complain because it kills the idea of going to WDW for dinner.

Does anybody use the Florida resident Epcot only after 5 PM annual pass anymore. It was designed for people who wanted to come to EPCOT for dinner. Now that you have to book 90 days out, whats the point. I don't plan my local dinners 90 days out. Heck, sometimes they are not 90 minutes out.

-dave

That is a great point, I had a few local relatives who actually loved this pass (probably almost ten years ago) and used it all the time. However, with the development of long term planning of ADRs they eventually stopped getting it becuase it ruined the spur of the moment "date night" experience they were looking for. Now, I am not sure if it is even offered..:shrug:

Menpell

The gentleman who helped me with our reservations told me that they have a new computer program for reservations and it only allows them to book dining reservations 90 days in advance. That started this year. We always booked 180 days in advance, we did last year. There are certain things that can be booked 180 days prior to arrival. But the nice cast member mentioned that the new system is much easier for them and if anyone has booked their ADRs, they will notice that you are given all your confirmations numbers at the end of your call and that is because of the new system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom