Who's eaten dinner at Trattori Forno?

Simba’s Mom

Original Poster
Or whatever the name is exactly-I hope I got close enough for people to recognize the place on the Boardwalk. Am I missing something? Just looking over the menu now, it looks very inexpensive (for Disney) for dinnertime. How is the service and food (in that order, service concerns me more than food)? Also, do they still have the non-character breakfast without reservations?

Fsunolekrw

It was a couple of years ago but our family did dinner the day we arrived at Trattoria al Forno. Service was good (was worried about this as it is a large facility) though it did take awhile to be seated and the food was solid.

When we went a few years ago, the food was good, but the portions were small. After we were done eating, I actually went out to the Boardwalk and got a slice of pizza.

Smiley/OCD

We had B'fast there on our last trip...I had the King Triton;s Shipwreck al Forno...a fancy name for a breakfast calzone...honestly one of the BEST B'fast meals I've ever had at the world...We're having dinner there in May...I'll let you know how that goes...

Smiley/OCD

The breakfast is still a character meal, but it's not a buffet...table service with the characters moving around to each table. The service was a little slow, as they do make everything to order, but we enjoyed it.

Phonedave

I have had dinner there twice. One of the few places at WDW where I don't feel like I have been robbed afterwards.

Good food. Good service. Theme park appropriate pricing, and a decent wine list that is at the expected mark up.

nickys

Premium Member
The breakfast is still a character meal, but it's not a buffet...table service with the characters moving around to each table. The service was a little slow, as they do make everything to order, but we enjoyed it.

Yes but they also did breakfast in a separate room for walk-ups which was not part of the character breakfast. I don’t know if that is still the case.

Simba’s Mom

Original Poster
Yes, that's the one I was thinking of. I know they did it last September, but I didn't go-chose Ale and Compass instead (BIG mistake). I was hoping they'd still be doing it this coming September so I can correct my mistake!

Mrs. Kaz

In the Parks
No
I have eaten there a few times and it is one of my favorite places to eat. They specialize in the pizza, but I have never gotten the pizza but my husband has and he says it is delicious. I have gotten a pasta type dish and it literally melted in my mouth every time. They also have great Wines and desserts and the service that we had each time has been fantastic.

ELeigh

To super helpful but I have had the steak and eggs at breakfast and my whole group agreed It was better than the yachtsman steak we had the night before. It looks like the same steak is on the dinner menu I would say it’s worth a try.
edited to add note about service: Not sure if it’s any of the same staff but breakfast service was amazing both times we were there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom