Whoopimecalit Forever? Thankfully no...

RSoxNo1

CTX was and is independent of Dinoland USA. The latter just had a backstory written to better pair it with its neighbour. Dinoland was explained to me as being able to be removed in around two weeks. It was built with minimal buried utilities for example (power and I think data) to make it a quick and cheap removal. Virtually everything is just bolted to concrete as opposed to being a building with foundation.
CTX was part of the originally opened Dinoland USA, Dinorama was built later on and I believe it became an either / or proposition between Dinorama or the Excavator. I suspect had they built the Excavator that Everest wouldn't have been built.

Rich Brownn

Are you sure you’re not thinking of the Persian Resort (link below)? The Islamic Revolution had already happened by the time World Showcase was built, so I find it very unlikely that an Iranian pavilion was envisaged for the future.

One pot the original proposals was for Iran, featuring a Magic Carpet ride. It was then changed to a general "Arabian Area" pavilion before being scuttled. Some of the annual reports from the late 70s had the concept art. So, no, it had nothing to do with a hotel.

LittleBuford

One pot the original proposals was for Iran, featuring a Magic Carpet ride. It was then changed to a general "Arabian Area" pavilion before being scuttled. Some of the annual reports from the late 70s had the concept art. So, no, it had nothing to do with a hotel.

Thanks. I mistakenly thought you meant it was one of the countries being considered for future pavilions after EPCOT opened. I should think the idea was changed from Iranian to Arabian once the Islamic Revolution began in 1978, but please correct me if I've misunderstood again.

Robbiem

World showcase needs more exotic and diverse nations. Africa is OK but Disney would need to go down a different path from animal kingdom. The original plans were very animal /safari based so probably wouldn’t stand up well today with a real safari close by. Epcot should be human culture, AK nature culture.

I’d much rather see a South American area, south east asia (Thailand, Cambodia), India and Polynesia represented

CJR

I just like that we can disagree here and still (mostly) be civil. Not so on Twitter!

Very true. I tip my hat to you, I disagree with some stuff, but you have my respect. Twitter is much more hostile if you get involved in the wrong conversation.

I still have my old account, but I mostly use it when I'm trying to get quick customer service. 😂

CTX was part of the originally opened Dinoland USA, Dinorama was built later on and I believe it became an either / or proposition between Dinorama or the Excavator. I suspect had they built the Excavator that Everest wouldn't have been built.

I never thought about that until now, but you're probably right. It's now hard to imagine DAK without Everest, but on more than one occasion that whole corner of the park would have been very different today, had Excavator happened.

For better or worse, idk, it'd be nice to live in a world where a broken yeti conversation didn't exist. Makes me wonder what would have inevitably broke on Excavator. Lol

Disneyhead'71

This guy has an idea for a World Showcase pavilion.

latest

Ismael Flores

They have the world’s second largest population and I see many visitors from there...c’mon let’s see that Taj Mahal

View attachment 495166

I like the idea although i was more impressed with other landmarks i saw in India. I would rather see a representation of one of the other amazing Place like maybe Jaipur and one of its castles and wall or the Golden Temple in Amristar.

Actually DAK would be great for a really cool Monkey habitat that would have a replica of the Galtaji temples with its own Monkey Temple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom