Whole Resorts already booked...

bektex

Original Poster
I am planning a trip in Feb, which is when we always go, but it seems whole reports are already booked, which is unusual for that time of year. Do they leave whole resorts closed, until all the cheer/pom squads have booked?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When during February can have a big effect as well. The resorts switch from value to peak season on or around the 14th. All you need is one day of your trip to fall into peak season and locking up a room can be quite tricky.

bektex

Original Poster
We had similar issues last year - the issue is due to the cheerleaders and the runDisney Princess half marathon and President's Weekend and some school breaks.
But, we are going the first full week; that's two weeks before both Presidents' Day weekend, and the Half Marathon weekend. I get cheer, since that's all month, but not the other two.

bektex

Original Poster
When during February can have a big effect as well. The resorts switch from value to peak season on or around the 14th. All you need is one day of your trip to fall into peak season and locking up a room can be quite tricky.
We will leave the 9th, so that shouldn't effect us, either.

bektex

Original Poster
It looks like the night of the 8th is the problem. Change your check out day to the 8th and nearly everything opens up.

There is availability at nearly all of the resorts save for the values (AoA has openings) on the 9th.
I hadn't played with the dates, because we are driving, so we can't really get there earlier. But, thanks for checking!!

Clamman73

Keep looking everyday though...I see when I go to book that certain hotels aren't available (or room types) for a time period I'm looking for, but then it does become available at some point. But granted, not always the case.

bektex

Original Poster
Keep looking everyday though...I see when I go to book that certain hotels aren't available (or room types) for a time period I'm looking for, but then it does become available at some point. But granted, not always the case.
I was kind of wondering, if when all the squads booked, if they will release the unbooked rooms, but I am hoping to have my vacation set in stone by then. :)

bektex

Original Poster
Most group contracts have a room release date about 30 days before they travel.
Yeah, I will know plans for the whole trip by 30 days out. I like to fly by the seat of my pants, but I at least want to know where I will be laying my head at night by then. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Check with travel agents that specialize in Disney, they often have blocks of rooms to parcel out.

Also, consider a Disney Springs resort, they now have the 60 day FP+s.

Dave B

So book your trip and start on the 8th and book where you want, then call Disney after you have booked it and tell them your plans have changed and you need to drop a night, they will accommodate, but you will need to do on the phone

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Also, consider a Disney Springs resort, they now have the 60 day FP+s.

Just to be clear...I think you're referencing the Hotel Plaza properties (Hilton, Wyndham etc.) and not Disney Springs Resorts (PO, OKW, Saratoga). I think.

You also get bus service at the HP hotels but its not as frequent or reliable. No MB charging privileges, but you do get EMH and FP (60)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WDW now calls the Hotel Plaza hotels "Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels." It's on their website, it's plastered on their mutual shuttle bus. It even has its own logo...

logo-new.png
1535321833632.png

1535321687624.png

But, leave it to WDW to make things confusing, because, as you point out, there are Disney Resort Hotels also listed as "Disney Springs Resort Area."
1535321925140.png

So, there are:
  • Disney Resort Hotels in the Disney Springs Resort Area; and,
  • Disney Spring Resort Area Hotels

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom