Who/What was the last truly evil Disney Villian?

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was just thinking about this in another thread.

In your mind who/what was the last truly evil Disney Villian (animated or live-action) and why?

Actually, I'm going to have to think about this one myself for a bit before posting :lol:

james4023464

Good question, I dont think we have had a true villian since Scar in Lion King, yes i know its been 10 years but thats how long its been. Mulan's villian was too misterious, Tarzan's was to much of a pretty boy, Hercules villian was too funny evan though i liked that, and Hunchback's villian was to dark for kids, and you just couldnt connect with him. But yeah thats all i have to say about that. Jafar, Ursula, and all those evil witches were other good villians too. Gaston was also too much of a pretty boy.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually, I started to agree and say Scar, but then I thought a little more about it and decided really it'd have to be Hopper from ABL.

He was menacing, underhanded, a major bully, killed those two grasshoppers (or at least I felt he killed them) by covering them in nuts. I think Scar was a bit more evil, but I would say Hopper was evil enough (and more recent) to pick up my vote.

MagicalMonorail

This is hard. There are too many villains out there. Here's my picks:

Live-Action: Captain Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean. He was truly evil, but he had a lighter tone to him.

Animated: Scar. Truly evil with that perfectly sarcastic attitude. He's not my favorite villain, but he was the last evil one.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, how could I not think of Barbosa...good one. Especially in the scene where he's having dinner and utters that classic line, "You'd best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one."

Truly sweet...and he had a ton more creepy lines to go with that one.

surfsupdon

Truly wickid and evil was Scar. He killed his own brother and tried to kill his nephew--a child--too. And he single-handedly ruined Pride Rock. He had a dirty heart.

Though Hopper was cruel, he was just a bully.

I love Cruella's evil-ness, she's my favorite.

CrackerJack

Cruella D'evil was voted best villian in the current issue of Disney magazine (on newstands now).

And for my claim to fame,:sohappy: I am quoted in the magazine regarding her. "Classic name, and you've gotta love the hair."

Line forms to the left for autographs ... please, no pushing. :lol:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by surfsupdon
Truly wickid and evil was Scar. He killed his own brother and tried to kill his nephew--a child--too. And he single-handedly ruined Pride Rock. He had a dirty heart.

Though Hopper was cruel, he was just a bully.

I love Cruella's evil-ness, she's my favorite.

I love debate... ;)

1. Hopper threatened/wanted to kill his own brother:
"I swear, if I hadn't promised mother on her death bed that I wouldn't kill you, I would KILL you!"

2. Hopper planned secretly to double-cross the ants and kill the queen:
"I hate it when someone gives away the ending."

3. Through bullying and trickery he tries to keep the ants in slavery:
"Have you been playing all summer? Do you think this is a game? Well, you just lost!"

4. He degrades his villianous lackeys:
"You let one ant stand up to us, then they all might stand up! Those puny little ants outnumber us a hundred to one and if they ever figure that out there goes our way of life! It's not about getting food, it's about keeping those ants in there place and that's why we're going back! Does anybody else wanna stay?"

If I were at home with the movie I could come up with more. :D

DisneyFan 2000

Excluding that greedy, low-life, cheap.... Um.... Never mind... The last animated one (which played a major role) IMO was Hades. His attitude was very refreshing for a Disney villian! I really enjoyed his character! :)

MichRX7

Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually I've felt for a while now there hasn't been a truly *evil* villian in a Disney movie for some time and that's what made a lot of the classics "classics".

Maybe Ursula fit the classic *evil* role. Scar was more of a mild evil in my mind. I only threw out Hopper to start some action. This forum area isn't seen by a majority of the people out there I'll bet.

It's like Pinochio. In reality I'd have to see the evil villian in that movie is not any of the obvious characters, but it is almost Pinochio's "anti-wannabearealboy" syndrome that keeps steering him down the wrong road. I spent nights in fear as a kid that if I ever made wrong choices I'd turn into a donkey. :D

The Wicked Witch used to scare me to death as well. My kids aren't afraid of Scar.

MouseRight

Scar - He is one of the few, if not only, Disney Villians to actually kill another character on screen. At least I can't think of any. That was a bold step for a Disney animated film. Key to teh story, but I would guess it was not a slam dunk decision for the animation team. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during those story board sessions when it was decided to have Scar kill Mufasa. You must have been able to hear a pin drop and then someone had to say in total disbelief - "YOU WANT SCAR TO DO WHAT????"

Atta83

:goodnevil For Females it would go Lady Termaine .. i mean come on her dad just died and you make her the maid!. Then I would say Ursula...she tries to steal another mans girl LOL well in a way...

For Males it would have to be Scar cause he killed his brother and then "tried" to kill his nephew.

My comic relief character would have to be Hades..gotta love the hair and talking...

Enderikari

I really think that one of the most evil villains in the Disney catalog is Judge Claude Frollo, simply because he sees himself as the hero.

Lightyear

This is a hard one to answer once you start thinking about the "badness level" of all the baddies!

Cruella comes to my mind first. Taking those puppies for slaughter! But I agree with Scar too. Killing Mufasa was BAD!!

Lightyear

Dr.Seeker

Frollo was the MOST evil character!

1. He burns down entire villages to find quasimodo + gypsies.

2. He was going to drown the baby

3.He orders and attack on the church.

Plus he has all the trappings of a Shakesperian antagonist as we are shown his inner demons.

(He's just not that memorable it took me like 20 mins to remember his name, and im not even sure if this ones right)

DisneyFan 2000

Atta83 said:
I would say Ursula...she tries to steal another mans girl LOL well in a way...

I love Ursula! She is everything a Disney villian should be!

Her demands were also the most evil ones! Come on! A woman's voice, her man, a triton, AND the seven seas ? Sheesh! :lol:

Shaman

Scar is my all time favorite...and in many ways the best villain and the most recent true and classic Disney villain....

Hades was great (I think he could have been drawn better though)....
The rest are not real memorable...except Izma (I think thats her name) from Emperor's New Groove...she was another funny villain....

I love the villains, they make the stories very interesting....but I'm intrigued by Disney's challenging the audience to embrace the themes of villainless story...sometime we are our own villains...Brother Bear is an excellent villainless movie....a classic, Bambi really didn't have clear villain....but recently...most movies are villainless....Treasure Planet, Lilo and Stitch and like mentioned before BB, they all had no villains....but interesting plots nonetheless....

I'm really craving for the next great villain ala SCAR....

I would love if Disney did a version of Macbeth....that would be interesting....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom