Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Play It!

DisneyFaNatic1

Original Poster
I never knew exactly why it closed. Ran out of questions? Too much money to run it? I loved it. Taking it away made MGM alot more boring.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what was reported it closed for pretty much the same reason most attractions close...low attendance.

yeti

I don't know if they were thinking of this at the time, but TSM had to come in its place (along with the rest of Pixar Place:zipit: ).

Testtrack321

From what was reported it closed for pretty much the same reason most attractions close...low attendance.

I heard it was due to Disney losing the rights for the music/lighting/etc for use outside of the TV show. They didn't want to renew, and they shut the attraction down.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I heard it was due to Disney losing the rights for the music/lighting/etc for use outside of the TV show. They didn't want to renew, and they shut the attraction down.
If the attraction was pulling good numbers I think that they would have made every effort to keep the rights. Truth be told with the exception of peak season and SWW CM's were practically begging people to come in.

GenerationX

We went on this attraction in July, 2002 and then again in August, 2006. In 2002, the theater was 100% full, and the line filled the waiting area and spilled out into the street. In 2006, the theater was 90% full with no waiting for last minute arrivals.

I really enjoyed this attraction and would've loved to see it stay. I think because I made the hotseat in 2006, it was easier for me to let it go. I didn't win the cruise, but I got the hat, the shirt, and a bunch of pins.

I hope they put another game show somewhere in the Studios.

Jesùs_Carioca

I loved it...to death. The concept, and the show... I was the hugest millionaire junkie..

and a lot of times always got peeved over the "button mashers" at fastest finger who just press a random order the quickest and got REALLY lucky to get in the hotseat. Haha, one time, an 11 year old got the order of "Dates of births of famous classical authors" in like...2.4 seconds cause of it.

darthjohnny

Truth be told with the exception of peak season and SWW CM's were practically begging people to come in.

Yeah. Star Wars Weekeneds were so cool when they did the Star Wars edition of millionaire.

I never knew exactly why it closed. Ran out of questions? Too much money to run it? I loved it. Taking it away made MGM alot more boring.

I think it was a cross between less attendance than before, possibly losing the rights, and the decision to put Toy Story Mania in that building.

I remember when I went to DCA a few years back, they had already closed their Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Cast Members there told me they had already lost the rights over their.

I thought this was a fun attraction, but I was never any good at regular questions. I haven't made the last couple Star Wars Weekends so I totally missed out on that version of the show. My brother went to one where a girl made it all the way to the million dollar Star Wars question...and she didn't know the answer....I did. HAHA He said that I would've known all the other questions as well since he knew them all with the exception of the million dollar question....

Question was: What race is Bossk the bounty hunter?
Answer: Trandoshan

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought this was a fun attraction, but I was never any good at regular questions. I haven't made the last couple Star Wars Weekends so I totally missed out on that version of the show. My brother went to one where a girl made it all the way to the million dollar Star Wars question...and she didn't know the answer....I did. HAHA He said that I would've known all the other questions as well since he knew them all with the exception of the million dollar question....

Question was: What race is Bossk the bounty hunter?
Answer: Trandoshan
I have made it into the hotseat twice during SWW. The farthest I got was the 500,000 point question.

coasterphil

I loved it...to death. The concept, and the show... I was the hugest millionaire junkie..

and a lot of times always got peeved over the "button mashers" at fastest finger who just press a random order the quickest and got REALLY lucky to get in the hotseat. Haha, one time, an 11 year old got the order of "Dates of births of famous classical authors" in like...2.4 seconds cause of it.

You'd hate my family then. My 7 year old sister ended up in the hotseat because each one of the seven members of my family chose a different random combination and just put that in. We figured that we'd have a decent shot of getting up there with 7/24 combos, and it worked.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom