Who ultimately made the decision to rebrand EPCOT Center

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
to Epcot and is it okay to egg their house? I'd love to hear the history of this terrible decision lol

Cmdr_Crimson

Thank these guys for how it first looked and the way it was..
9317541111_dd8b50fa50_o.png

From Passport 2 Dreams

This one for Shoehorning the Friggin Characters into a park that never needed them...
eis0-013.jpg

Annnd this one for not doing practically anything for it in any form or way...
tumblr_nmdcfb1BgF1up44ulo1_500.jpg

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
There was good and bad with each boss. But I do miss the direct connection with Walt. Although Card Walker's thinking that resorts were a waste of time and that doubling parking price to $2 was ridiculous shows he was probably a little out of touch with other ways to make money at the parks. But then you had Eisner and Iger who definitely took that aspect too far. Maybe if Ron Miller hadn't had that affair he wouldn't have lost some of his backing! (Disney gossip haha)

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
It was a question about something that once was news in my weak defense :) . If I asked it in the wrong place, I humbly apologize and ask that I be spared so that my children can go to college. If I could move the thread myself I would. Alas, I shall wait until an admin does it. Hopefully we can carry on until then. :)

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Don't forget that in 1994 and 95 the park became Epcot '94 and '95 respectively. This has a huge part in the decision. I've read that they changed it to Epcot '94 and subsequently '95 make the park feel more like a World's Fair, but gave up once they realized how difficult it would be to update signage and references every year. After that, it was decided to just keep it as simply 'Epcot.'

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Don't forget that in 1994 and 95 the park became Epcot '94 and '95 respectively. This has a huge part in the decision. I've read that they changed it to Epcot '94 and subsequently '95 make the park feel more like a World's Fair, but gave up once they realized how difficult it would be to update signage and references every year. After that, it was decided to just keep it as simply 'Epcot.'
Ahh true good point.

I still remember high fiving my wife during the trip when the wand started to come down. Poor EPCOT has been abused for quite a long time! haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom