• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Who the HECK is Hondo?!?!?!

Mr. Johnson

Original Poster
I haven't been keeping up with SW:GE news, so to my shock when I found out that Chewie won't be the only major character in this attraction, but also some guy named Hondo! "Who is this Hondo fellow," I asked myself, "He must've appeared in one Star Wars movie to make such a major appearance!" Wrong. He appeared in the Clone Wars and Rebels according to Wookipedia and not in any of the beloved theatrical Star Wars movies.What's next referencing Star Wars: the tabletop board game? Will the entire land be filled with these obtuse references to Star Wars that only the most diehard fan will understand? Will they sell Star Wars: The Flametrower inside the land? Is this post serious or just a joke? Will any of these questions ever be answered? Find out after this fine programming:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Advertisement
I haven't been keeping up with SW:GE news, so to my shock when I found out that Chewie won't be the only major character in this attraction, but also some guy named Hondo! "Who is this Hondo fellow," I asked myself, "He must've appeared in one Star Wars movie to make such a major appearance!" Wrong. He appeared in the Clone Wars and Rebels according to Wookipedia and not in any of the beloved theatrical Star Wars movies.What's next referencing Star Wars: the tabletop board game? Will the entire land be filled with these obtuse references to Star Wars that only the most diehard fan will understand? Will they sell Star Wars: The Flametrower inside the land? Is this post serious or just a joke? Will any of these questions ever be answered? Find out after this fine programming:
If you don't know Hondo then you're not a true Star Wars fan and don't deserve to go to Batuu!

Can I have your Maxpass?

D.Silentu

If it helps, I had no idea either. I'm assuming the show is popular if a character is being featured in the attraction, as opposed to the multitude of characters from the films.

Anjin

I think it's pretty rad that Hondo rode the Clone Wars escape pod into the new Disney canon. But then again, I'm a nerd.

For most people, Hondo is to Smuggler's Run as Patrick Warburton is to Soarin'. Nobody has to know his backstory to enjoy the ride.

zooey

I don’t get this criticism. You can get to know Hondo through the attraction just as much as any other original character in any other attraction. You don’t need to know his entire history for the story to work.

SSG

Hondo Ohnaka has been around the Star Wars universe for a long time, but for the sake of the ride all you need to know is he is a pirate and smuggler, and he has a mission for you and your crew on the Falcon. No complicated backstory required.

Stevek

Here's his story. Probably most well known for his appearances in The Clone Wars and Rebels animated series.

SSG

Seems to be the norm with Disney's newest offerings. Shoot for the lowest hanging fruit in storytelling.
Well to be fair, most attractions don't require much backstory knowledge. For Indy, you explore a cursed temple and things go wrong. In Star Tours, you take a trip in space and things go wrong. For Smuggler's Run you'll be on a smuggling mission....and things will go wrong. But being familiar with the Star Wars or Indiana Jones universes doesn't (IMO) impact how you enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom