Who should I book my first Disney Cruise with?

BUZZCRUSH

Original Poster
I'm looking to book my first Disney cruise on Easter weekend. This will be my 2nd cruise experience and my husband and kids first. My husband, having spent his military years on a ship is less than enthralled with the idea of a cruise. So I am trying to do it as cheap as possible so he'll agree to it. I've been comparing websites for the same weekend and cabin type and it seems Priceline is the cheapest by several hundred dollars compared to the Disney site and Expedia. Who do you think I should book with? What other options are there? i.e. Small World? I've heard good things about them also. Thanks

sweetpee_1993

Be cautious when looking at the different travel websites. Many appear cheaper because they aren't showing you the taxes & port fees until the very end of booking. Disney Cruise Line does not allow any travel site or agency to grab blocks of rooms so they can offer deeper discounts. Disney's prices are what they are. The prices or specials you see on their website is the same prices anyone else can offer. Others just quote without adding those taxes & fees up front. Kinda sneaky. If you book using a travel agent you often can get onboard credits as a thank you. Good agents can help with all the planning & details so you don't have to contact big call centers getting a different person each time. There's no charge to use a travel agent. If you book direct with DCL then the commission dollars for your booking go to Disney Travel Company. If you use an agent the commission dollars go to the booking travel agency.

Personally, I prefer to use Tammy w/Kingdom Konsultants. They're a Disney specialized agency and all their agents are good. Doesn't hurt that they also are a sponsor here. ;)

My dad is retired Navy (24 yrs). He can't fathom a cruise either. I wish he'd give it a try. Cruise ships are floating resorts, fabulous & elegant. They are not the utilitarian military vessels. And you don't have to work at all. :D

Disney_Belle

I'm going to jump in here and fourth what @sweetpee_1993 said. Tammy knows her stuff. She's been on countless cruises (she's actually one of the first to sail out on the newly re-imagined Disney Magic for the weekend). She's efficient, friendly and her DCL knowledge is almost endless. As @Master Yoda said, you'll be in good hands.

5thGenTexan

Be cautious when looking at the different travel websites. Many appear cheaper because they aren't showing you the taxes & port fees until the very end of booking. Disney Cruise Line does not allow any travel site or agency to grab blocks of rooms so they can offer deeper discounts. Disney's prices are what they are. The prices or specials you see on their website is the same prices anyone else can offer. Others just quote without adding those taxes & fees up front. Kinda sneaky. If you book using a travel agent you often can get onboard credits as a thank you. Good agents can help with all the planning & details so you don't have to contact big call centers getting a different person each time. There's no charge to use a travel agent. If you book direct with DCL then the commission dollars for your booking go to Disney Travel Company. If you use an agent the commission dollars go to the booking travel agency.

Personally, I prefer to use Tammy w/Kingdom Konsultants. They're a Disney specialized agency and all their agents are good. Doesn't hurt that they also are a sponsor here. ;)

My dad is retired Navy (24 yrs). He can't fathom a cruise either. I wish he'd give it a try. Cruise ships are floating resorts, fabulous & elegant. They are not the utilitarian military vessels. And you don't have to work at all. :D

Unless a Platinum or in particular the Concierge folks find you... they will make you hold thier drinks while they nap, feed em grapes, fetch towels, etc.... ;):D

I too would not hesitate to use @Disneyfalcon. Our first cruise was booked through the DCL website and it was really a breeze. After hanging out here and I found out how cool Tammy is I decided to book the second cruise through her just so the commission would go there instead of Disney.

Phonedave

Never used Tammy, but booked two cruises with Marie at Kingdom Konsultants - same agency - different agent.

Also booked a Sandals Grande St Lucia vacation with Marie, so KK does more than just Disney.

You really can't go wrong with anyone at that agency (even Master Yoda :) )

-dave

TDF

@Disneyfalcon you still do NCL? We are thinking of doing the Breakway out of New York in August.

Anyway on topic… I am sure whoever you use will do great. Maybe not as good as Tammy but great. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom