Who remembers Mickey's Kitchen?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alright... I just head about Mickey's Kitchen, Disney's well conceived, but ultimately failed chain of fast-food restaurants in California, Illinois, and Texas among other locations. They were around in the early 90's, and usually next door to a Disney Store.

Who remembers them? I was living in the Caribbean at the time, so my answer is an automatic no.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
alright... so far, I've learned of 3 Southern California locations, and 1 Illinois location, and I've heard about texas ones

Montebello, CA
Glendale, CA
Montclair, CA
Schamburg, IL

WDWScottieBoy

If only I knew about the one in Schaumburg, IL. I could have gone to it in 94-96 and possibly a couple years earlier. They need to bring them back, thir food sounds awesome and the place I'm sure would do a lot better these days now. Just keep Pressler away from it.

TTATraveler

Hmmm, sounds like an interesting concept. Were they only test marketed in a few states to see how they would do? I know the themed restaurant industry isn't what it once was, i.e. closed Hard Rock Cafes, Planet Hollywoods, and All Star Cafes, but I wonder how a similar concept to Mickey's Kitchen would work, say in New York, next to the new World of Disney? Perhaps create a character dining experience.

I've never heard of them. Odd thing is when we were down in WDW last month I suggested to my wife what a great idea it would be to open Disney-themed restaraunts around the country. People don't have to buy the products that are sold at Disney Stores, but everyone needs to eat right? So why not open a chain of restaraunts with a Disney theme? A great place for fimilies and Disney lovers to get a Disney fix ouside of the parks! I see now they tried it already. I wonder why it never caught on :veryconfu

goofys32

Alright... I just head about Mickey's Kitchen, Disney's well conceived, but ultimately failed chain of fast-food restaurants in California, Illinois, and Texas among other locations. They were around in the early 90's, and usually next door to a Disney Store.

Who remembers them? I was living in the Caribbean at the time, so my answer is an automatic no.

i was there as an original cast member -- created in 1990 and lasted almost a full 2 years -- they also opened one in IL -- didnt work out and closed the 2 stores.

goofys32

i was there as an original cast member -- created in 1990 and lasted almost a full 2 years -- they also opened one in IL -- didnt work out and closed the 2 stores.

Mickey’s Kitchen The Walt Disney Company’s first restaurant venture outside of its theme parks, begun in 1990 with one facility next door to The Disney Store in Montclair, California. A second one was later opened in Schaumburg, Illinois. The fast-food restaurants, which emphasized healthier fare, did not catch on and the two were eventually removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom