• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Who remembers Mickey's Kitchen?

mkt

I Demand a Snackrifice
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alright... I just head about Mickey's Kitchen, Disney's well conceived, but ultimately failed chain of fast-food restaurants in California, Illinois, and Texas among other locations. They were around in the early 90's, and usually next door to a Disney Store.

Who remembers them? I was living in the Caribbean at the time, so my answer is an automatic no.

mkt

I Demand a Snackrifice
Premium Member
Original Poster
Advertisement
alright... so far, I've learned of 3 Southern California locations, and 1 Illinois location, and I've heard about texas ones

Montebello, CA
Glendale, CA
Montclair, CA
Schamburg, IL

WDWScottieBoy

If only I knew about the one in Schaumburg, IL. I could have gone to it in 94-96 and possibly a couple years earlier. They need to bring them back, thir food sounds awesome and the place I'm sure would do a lot better these days now. Just keep Pressler away from it.

Hmmm, sounds like an interesting concept. Were they only test marketed in a few states to see how they would do? I know the themed restaurant industry isn't what it once was, i.e. closed Hard Rock Cafes, Planet Hollywoods, and All Star Cafes, but I wonder how a similar concept to Mickey's Kitchen would work, say in New York, next to the new World of Disney? Perhaps create a character dining experience.

I've never heard of them. Odd thing is when we were down in WDW last month I suggested to my wife what a great idea it would be to open Disney-themed restaraunts around the country. People don't have to buy the products that are sold at Disney Stores, but everyone needs to eat right? So why not open a chain of restaraunts with a Disney theme? A great place for fimilies and Disney lovers to get a Disney fix ouside of the parks! I see now they tried it already. I wonder why it never caught on :veryconfu

Alright... I just head about Mickey's Kitchen, Disney's well conceived, but ultimately failed chain of fast-food restaurants in California, Illinois, and Texas among other locations. They were around in the early 90's, and usually next door to a Disney Store.

Who remembers them? I was living in the Caribbean at the time, so my answer is an automatic no.
i was there as an original cast member -- created in 1990 and lasted almost a full 2 years -- they also opened one in IL -- didnt work out and closed the 2 stores.

i was there as an original cast member -- created in 1990 and lasted almost a full 2 years -- they also opened one in IL -- didnt work out and closed the 2 stores.
Mickey’s Kitchen The Walt Disney Company’s first restaurant venture outside of its theme parks, begun in 1990 with one facility next door to The Disney Store in Montclair, California. A second one was later opened in Schaumburg, Illinois. The fast-food restaurants, which emphasized healthier fare, did not catch on and the two were eventually removed.