Who Killed Roger Rabbit???

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Amblin is owned by famed director Steven Spielberg who is also co-founder of Disney's riva; studio Dreamworks. Disney is not able to buy out the copyright without helping Dreamworks in the process. And since the film was also produced by Spielberg, he would have to give his blessing on the film to not be directed by him and he would end up producing anyway in turn helping Dreamworks.

And either angle Disney is screwed.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Disney had plans for an entire Rodger Rabbit's Hollywood for a portion of the Disney/MGM Studios. Remember where the Doom mobile was near that portion of the Toon store. That was to have been the entrance to the Toon version of Hollywood. The area was to also have Rodger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin like at Disneyland.

They cancelled plans for this after Spielberg basically shut down all production of Rodger Rabbit shorts that were created at the Disney Animation facility in Florida.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Maybe Disney could trade Spielberg his ownership of Roger Rabbit for the rights to Meet the Deedles?

jmarc63

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Disney had plans for an entire Rodger Rabbit's Hollywood for a portion of the Disney/MGM Studios. Remember where the Doom mobile was near that portion of the Toon store. That was to have been the entrance to the Toon version of Hollywood. The area was to also have Rodger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin like at Disneyland.

They cancelled plans for this after Spielberg basically shut down all production of Rodger Rabbit shorts that were created at the Disney Animation facility in Florida.

After reading this post I recalled that disney was going to do like they did in the 50s 60s and 70s by showing Roger Rabit shorts right before a Disney film. Does anyone recall as a kid when you got a short before the feature?

Boy have times changed!!!!

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by jmarc63

After reading this post I recalled that disney was going to do like they did in the 50s 60s and 70s by showing Roger Rabit shorts right before a Disney film. Does anyone recall as a kid when you got a short before the feature?

Boy have times changed!!!!

They still do it from time to time, with Mouse Works cartoons.

WE MUST SAVE ROGER RABBIT! Mabey if Disney buys Speilberg a nice gift basket? :D

jmarc63

Originally posted by JLW11Hi

They still do it from time to time, with Mouse Works cartoons.

WE MUST SAVE ROGER RABBIT! Mabey if Disney buys Speilberg a nice gift basket? :D

I'm not familiar with mouse works, tell me more about it, I dont see many G-rated film since I dont have any kids

Stitchaholic

i just think spilberg should just sell it to Disney since neither him or disney can do anything with Roger might as well give it to Disney since everyone knows roger is DIsney. so that's what i have to say

james4023464

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15

you said a toon hollywood section where everything would be cartoon themed like at Toon Lagoo in IOA.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
This was way before Universal even thought of the concept of Islands of Adventure.

It would be themed more like Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland in California.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by jmarc63

I'm not familiar with mouse works, tell me more about it, I dont see many G-rated film since I dont have any kids

Mickey's Mouse Works are just little short cartoons that sometimes pop up before a Disney movie. There was a mouse works tv show not too long ago. I know that every once in a while, movie studios will put cartoons before their movies. I know Warners did it a lot a while ago, like "Carrotblanca" and "Box Office Bunny". There is a Chuck Jones cartoon studio that still makes shorts in the classic style that are sometimes put before a feature film. (There is a sequel to "One Froggy Evening", the one with the singing frog, that I have yet to see) And then there's Pixar, who always has a short cartoon before the movie.

jmarc63

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981

ooo that would have been cool! good call jmarc!

*hey, my 500th post. yay me. :)*

Thanks fanofdisney. I was going to start a new thread about it untill I saw this thread

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom