Who is you’re favorite Imagineer (Past or Present)?

Stevek

Pretty hard to choose but I'd agree with the OP, Marc Davis. Pirates as well as it's my favorite attraction of all time.

You could pick so many of the early imagineers and they were all fantastic.

Of the more recent ones, probably Tony B. He didn't always get it right but I think he understood Walt's vision as well as any of his peers of not better.

cmwade77

Tony Baxter ranks up there as well. Joe Rhode is decent, but I do take issue with some of his latter design choices, such as making FOP where it doesn't have alternative options for those that are larger, wheelchair bound, etc. All of which could have been accommodated and kept the theming.

Inspired Figment

I can certainly say that the projects Tony Baxter has had creative involvement with have been the ones I’m most fond of, ‘especially’ the original Journey Into Imagination & Splash Mountain. So on that note, I’d probably choose him. ‘However’ there are many imagineers I love the works of, those including Joe Rodhe, Steve Kirk, Josh Shipley, and Ethan Reed. And of course, can’t forget folks like Marc & Alice Davis, Mary Blair, Rolly Crump, and Claude Coats. Many great talent.. just a shame the way upper management’s treated them all. Hence why most of them have left or have dropped to consultant roles now.

jpinkc

Old school Rolly Crump and Mark Davis, newer has to be Tony Baxter, I will admit to liking some of Joe Rohde's stuff too but I kinda think hes a bit over valued...

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I really can’t pick just one so here are my top 5 in order:

1. Marc Davis
2. John Hench
3. Tony Baxter
4. Bob Gurr
5. Joe Rhode

Honorable mentions to Rolly Crump, Mary Blair, Yale Gracey, Kevin Rafferty, and Xavier Atencio as well.

jpinkc

I hate to say to me current Imagineering doesnt seem to have many stand outs. Now I havent seen SWGE yet but hopefully will in Nov

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom