Who is the Little girl seen in the Paris Tower and WDW Tower of Terror Elevator Drop shafts

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
So I have never been to the Paris Tower of Terror, but I know they have incorporated the "shaft creatures," including a projection of a little girl in the drop shafts. I also know that for very brief periods some drop shafts at the WDW Tower of Terror briefly project a similar image of a little girl in the drop shaft. There is a hat-tip to the Little Girl Lost episode of the Twilight Zone in both the Paris Tower of Terror and the WDW Tower of Terror in which a brick wall in the basement has a chalk circle on it (indicating somewhere where the lost little girl in the episode could be heard) , as well as audio effects of a little girl calling out as occurs in the Twilight Zone episode. So it is my impression is that the little girl they project in the drop shafts are supposed to be Sally Shine, the little girl actress who plunged in the elevator on October 31st, 1939, and NOT the little girl from the Twilight Zone episode. Do others agree with this conclusion?

Rodj

I also know that for very brief periods some drop shafts at the WDW Tower of Terror briefly project a similar image of a little girl in the drop shaft.
They aren't projections, they are actual plastic statues lit up by LED strobes. And it isn't just the girl, on Foxtrot side it is the statues of man and woman, while on Echo side it is the statues of the nanny and the girl.

Sir_Cliff

When I was there a few weeks ago, we got stuck on ToT in the second show scene and, after a very nervous wait, they eventually brought us back down rather than continuing with the ride. Weirdly, though, the little girl seemed frozen on the door of the elevator! A few engineers tried to bring the elevator back in to the door, but eventually they just had to wheel that ladder over that you see against the wall and let us out of the elevator in this position with the little girl looking on!

IMG-7891.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When I was there a few weeks ago, we got stuck on ToT in the second show scene and, after a very nervous wait, they eventually brought us back down rather than continuing with the ride. Weirdly, though, the little girl seemed frozen on the door of the elevator! A few engineers tried to bring the elevator back in to the door, but eventually they just had to wheel that ladder over that you see against the wall and let us out of the elevator in this position with the little girl looking on!

View attachment 702753
The beauty of digital video - the ride stops and so does the video ! Film would also do it but wouldn’t be as frame accurate. It’s likely to stay there until reset.

Note the “pusher bar” on the floor that attaches to the elevator to pull and push it in and out of the drop shaft.

JakeDLP

The beauty of digital video - the ride stops and so does the video ! Film would also do it but wouldn’t be as frame accurate. It’s likely to stay there until reset.

Note the “pusher bar” on the floor that attaches to the elevator to pull and push it in and out of the drop shaft.
The Video freezes between the intro scene and the ending scene. One the final scene is triggered it plays her outro spiel depending on the shaft. She is played here by Kali Marsh, an American actress. in the malevolent machine they retconned the original projection of the five ghosts and overlaid her onto it to make it consistent. the preshow uses still uses Lindsey ridgeway as you don't really see much of her face. The costume they use for the ride is a reproduction of the original however it's more textured, likely as she is more of a focal point rather than standing with a group.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom