• Belle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anna/Elsa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I think we can all agree that obviously Mickey is Disney's most iconic/important character. However there are spells where other characters are more profitable to be sure. Some of Mickey's closest friends have even surpassed him for periods. So of all of the Disney company's creations who is the second most famous Disney animated character of all time?

Not your favorite....but who do you think is the true second place

Greenlawler

Original Poster
Good call on Tink should have thought of her.

Although my vote was Donald. He surpassed Mickey in popularity during the 40's and actually has more animated shorts about him than any other Disney character.

I have always suspected that Disney suppressed him in their marketing because they did not want anyone to upstage the Mouse.

WhatJaneSays

I think it's just an America thing. Donald, Daisy, and many of the other Duck/McDuck group are promoted elsewhere. Almost all of the interesting modern Donald merchandise comes from overseas. I've had more than a few people from other countries note the lack of Ducks here at WDW.

(Tokyo Disneyland particularly has amazing Donald and Daisy couples items because in East Asian cultures ducks are symbols of happy and faithful marriages. The Uniqlo at DS has spoiled me because there are over a dozen different Duck family apparel that are x10 cuter than anything I've gotten from a Disney store lately.)

rreading

Personally, I think that another iconic character would be Maleficent. Might not be number two, but she's up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom