Who holds the title of longest drive?

Kramerica

Original Poster
When me and my family go to Disneyworld and walk up the parking lot to those yellow poles, we always look at the cars and their license plates. Sometimes it's just amazing about how far people have driven. We're from Washington state and have driven to Disneyland and could barely survive. So we're truly impressed when we see plates from the Northern parts of the country.

So tell me, who's done the longest Disneyworld road trip? How was it? What was it like?

FireChiefGoofy

Not the farthest, but we drive about 950 miles every year from the First State, Delaware. First admitted to the United States and we are about one mile from Vice President Joe Biden's home. I-95 is the most boring road you could ever drive on.

ArielLover

I drive from New Hampshire, it is 1320 miles but whose counting ( I hate to fly if you are wondering why I make the drive)

Kramerica

Original Poster
( I hate to fly if you are wondering why I make the drive)

So do I. but we live to far away. My doctor gives me a combination of Klonopin and Ambien. You get on the plane, close your eyes, and when you open them again you're there. It's amazing. And I don't have a panic attack on the 6 hour flight. Haha.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've driven twice from Ottawa, approx 2300 kilometres/4600 round trip. (1430/2860 miles)

I suspect others have travelled further though.

ArielLover

So do I. but we live to far away. My doctor gives me a combination of Klonopin and Ambien. You get on the plane, close your eyes, and when you open them again you're there. It's amazing. And I don't have a panic attack on the 6 hour flight. Haha.

I don't mind the drive, gives me and the wife some quality time and I need to de-stress from work. I have made the trip 28 times, 16 of them I drobe myself - trip 29 in 83 days !

Mikester71

We have driven all four times we have visited WDW from up here in Canada, about an 18-22 hour drive over two days, depending on rest stops and meal breaks. I live an hour north of Detroit, across from Port Huron, Michigan in Sarnia, ON Canada. I usually see people from WAY further north than us as we are driving down. But we seriously love driving down though, and have never even considered flying. To us, the drive is part of the whole vacation experience. Never took many vacations as a child myself, so hitting the open road with the family was super appealing to me when we decided to visit WDW for the first time in 2005. There is no better feeling than leaving your home during a snowstorm and 30 degree temperatures (a BIG one too this past March when we headed out at 6am) and gradually feeling the temperature increase as you make your way down the 75 south, eventually pulling into nice 70-80 degree weather the next afternoon! :sohappy:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have seen license plates from England....now THAT is a long drive! :lol:

(I'm pretty sure they were military and had their car shipped over...but it still makes you do a double take!)

BigTxEars

I can only assume that those of you driving those long distances do not have kids, well at least not my kids :ROFLOL:

Figment73

We are in the Cleveland, Ohio area (about an hour East). We make the drive a few times a year. It's about 1200 miles one way and about 16 hours in the car. We have 2 kids which have always been very good on the trips. We always drive straight thru on the way down. Coming home we drag our feet since no one wants to leave the magic and we always stop overnight.

360rico1

Not the farthest, but we drive about 950 miles every year from the First State, Delaware. First admitted to the United States and we are about one mile from Vice President Joe Biden's home. I-95 is the most boring road you could ever drive on.

Try driving across Texas (El Paso to Texarkana 15 1/2 hours). Thats boring...

brisem

I can only assume that those of you driving those long distances do not have kids, well at least not my kids :ROFLOL:

We 1352 mis. We do it with our 3 kids. This year the kids are 17, 14 and 7. We'll be leave 12/21 and driving straight thru, about 21hrs. Its the 4th trip to

Mr Wizard

Today it is 902 miles from my driveway to Mickeys parking lot. But the first ever visit started as a trip to Hope Arkansas to help a friend pick up furniture and finish a move back to Baltimore. As we sat in a 24hr diner in Texarcana (sp?) after everything was loaded in the U Haul I proposed ( as a total joke ) that for all my help in the move we should take a "side trip" to check out this place called Disneyworld. To my total shock my friend who's items we were moving ( and who owned the car ) said yes and it was off to Kissimmee in the middle of the night. So my first trip ever ended up being a 3050 mile round trip. Which in it's self may not be a big deal but considering that we did it all in about four days ( and remember young'ins we had no GPS, internet, or cell phones ) made it quite the road trip.

wedenterprises

unless anyone has driven from the Yukon, Alaska or Northwest Territories, I might have a winner here: we drove from Edmonton, Alberta to WDW... and also after 9/11 our flight got cancelled so we rented a car and drove WDW to Vancouver, BC.

wdwmomof3

I LOVE road trips!! :sohappy: We always drive to Disney but we don't have that far to go, less than 8 hours now. We have lived where it was further for us (Lexington KY & Raleigh NC) and we drove from there too.

Some of you have a LONG drive!! :eek:You must really love your families to want to be in the car with them for that long!!:ROFLOL: Great bonding time.:D

Goofygirl07

I am terrified of flying and I only wish that the medicines will work on me, but I'm too nervous/scared about trying them out. So we drive from Louisville, KY and we can make it to WDW in a day, sometimes we have stayed the night in Georgia though. I have flown to WDW twice and I think it was around 2 hours maybe...it's been a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom