Who has an instagram?

rsoxguy

I don't use Facebook, and I have no idea what instagram is, but for the courtesy of others I shall post a photo of myself here.

tmb_1830_480.jpg

I'm sorry about the loose tie, but I was in a casual mood.

ddbowdoin

I don't even know what the heck the hashtags are for. I see people post on Instagram with a caption followed by a list of hashtags. Why would they take all that time to type that out???

people search images, the hashtags bring your images to those viewers.... if you type #epcot when people search epcot your image will come up.

sweetpee_1993

people search images, the hashtags bring your images to those viewers.... if you type #epcot when people search epcot your image will come up.

Gotcha. That's kinda what I thought but I wasn't sure. I never do hashtags. I never search for anything. But I guess at least now it makes sense why people type all that out.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Gotcha. That's kinda what I thought but I wasn't sure. I never do hashtags. I never search for anything. But I guess at least now it makes sense why people type all that out.

Likely because you and I are old enough to appreciate the concept of a certain degree of privacy, like, "eww, I don't want people searching through my stuff!!" :D

sweetpee_1993

Likely because you and I are old enough to appreciate the concept of a certain degree of privacy, like, "eww, I don't want people searching through my stuff!!" :D

BINGO!!! When I met the other moms in our homeschool group one of them was gushing about how wonderful it'd be to live in a little rural southern town. I quickly explained that its not even close to the idealistic visions she had. Some of the sickest, most twisted humans I knew came from small-town Alabama. It was a true culture shock moving there. It boils down to the level of anonymity and privacy. In small towns you literally have NONE. "It's so wonderful to know all your neighbors..." No, it's not. It's a nightmare. No escape!

disneyrocks1234

Original Poster
I

I see and understand where your coming from but instagram is a great promoter tool if you have a buisness or in an industry....

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I

I see and understand where your coming from but instagram is a great promoter tool if you have a buisness or in an industry....

Oh, I totally agree with you--I was just explaining why most of us "old folks" don't notice/use/"get" the hashtagging on instagram. In fact, I think as a business tool, instagram is much more meaningful than twitter.

luv

I don't have Twitter. I don't know what Instagram is all about...and I don't care.

I do have Facebook, but I do not post updates. I just like to see pics of friends who live far away and for them to see mine.

On the one hand, it was nice to reconnect with old friends. Otoh, many of them just told me how they hated their wives, were broke, had a husband who cheated, etc. I didn't want to know all that.

the-reason14

Better late than never. Just started my instagram a few months ago. Follow me for traveling pics, random pics, I be bored pics, and of course......Disney pics!!! Yay!! gsquared1989

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom