Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2???

chenchukon

Original Poster
Obviously, the fact that up to date there was no sequel to this wonderful movie (Animation and real actors), speaks volume to the chances that a sequel will be ever produced and released.

Too much time has past since 1988, and during this time some actors died and the original director Robert Zemeckis, who had a chance to direct a sequel a more than decade ago, is too far from the new wave of animation productions and doesn't have the will to start a new sequel adventure. And this is the reality even if those that loved the original movie complain, like I do.

What do you think?

chenchukon

Original Poster
I either posted it by mistake twice, or there is/was a problem on the site with posting.

Nevertheless, what do you think about the post?

ppete1975

Nope. Times are different. You would never have other studios loan characters now. Jessica rabbit wouldn’t be done by Disney now. If you notice disney has distanced itself from the movie for quite a long time

chenchukon

Original Poster
Right, not every movie needs a sequel, but, special movies that were extremely successful almost all had a sequel made. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was not only a wonderful combination between humans and cartoons, but also very successful profit-wise as we recently learned there will be a sequel to Space Jam featuring Le Bron James, to be produced for the same reasons that I mentioned.

champdisney

Right, not every movie needs a sequel, but, special movies that were extremely successful almost all had a sequel made. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was not only a wonderful combination between humans and cartoons, but also very successful profit-wise as we recently learned there will be a sequel to Space Jam featuring Le Bron James, to be produced for the same reasons that I mentioned.
Mind you, not everyone wants a sequel to Space Jam. LeKronc is just doing it in an attempt to outdo Michael Jordan.

I HAVE SPOKEN.

chenchukon

Original Poster
For me, as movies and cartoon lover I don't care what the reasons are behind those that want to produce a sequel what I do mind is the storyline, the main characters and the quality of the production. Just remember that today technology allows to make a movie stared of actors and cartoons sleemless. That's why a sequel of a good production makes sense even more.

chenchukon

Original Poster
Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2.jpg

THIS IS WHAT I MEANT.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Because, I'm interested in a sequel. And Disney has to make a lot of money.

I didn't say there was no interest (obviously you yourself is interested in a sequel), I said there was not enough interest in a sequel. Meaning that there isn't a large enough fan base begging for Disney to make a sequel. So Disney isn't going to spend the money on a sequel unless they know they can get a large return on their investment.

lazyboy97o

I didn't say there was no interest (obviously you yourself is interested in a sequel), I said there was not enough interest in a sequel. Meaning that there isn't a large enough fan base begging for Disney to make a sequel. So Disney isn't going to spend the money on a sequel unless they know they can get a large return on their investment.
Disney has spent money on sequels. Different ones have been developed on and off for over 30 years now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney has spent money on sequels. Different ones have been developed on and off for over 30 years now.
I'm not saying they haven't, I'm speaking specifically about a sequel to Roger Rabbit and you know it. So unless you know something different about a Roger Rabbit sequel being developed right now don't get this poor persons hopes up.

chenchukon

Original Poster
Hi guys,

I checked the Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 Movie on IMDB it is Pre-production.
It will soon be released in 2022.

Here is the link.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom