Who else thinks Park Prices & Resort Prices will Increase?

Brad Bishop

Post-9/11 there were all kinds of deals, but I agree that this will not be the case now. For most people, fear of terrorists > virus (?)

The same was true for 2008.

The thing is:
- They never decrease ticket prices
- They typically do free dining package or some such incentive
- They typically give discounts on rooms to entice folks.

Oh, and they welcome their APs back because they're filler and Disney needs filling.

That being said, I think that if they just opened back up today (full) that the gates would be packed like before. COVID-19 isn't quite the same as 9/11 or 2008. There are plenty of Disney fans just waiting to get back into the parks.

I actually think that they may have reached the point that they'd have to actually work to get rid of people as the nostalgia runs deep and it doesn't matter what they do people still line up with, "TAKE MY MONEY!"

That's not a criticism on Disney or the folks who go there - I just think that there's a point where the population is large enough that you'll always have folks lining up for Disney and all they really have to do is: not screw it up.

Shouldigo12

At first I thought the virus would force prices down, but I've changed my mind on that. It doesn't really make sense when you think about it; this isn't a situation where people aren't coming because prices are too high. The people who aren't going, aren't going out of concern for their health (in most cases right now). A lower price isn't going to wipe that concern away. Shoot, Disney could be charging $10 room rates right now and I still wouldn't go. But the people who do want to go are probably stir crazy enough at this point that they'll be fine with a price increase of it means they can be somewhere other than home. So, yeah, I think we can expect higher than usual pricing.

Now after this is more settled, I don't know. Once the main concern with travel stops being "Am I ok with taking this risk?" and moves back to the more typical "Can I afford to go here?" I'm not so sure Disney will still be a good option to many people, and they may have to start the discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom