Who else loves and miss the Spectromen from Spectromagic?

brb1006

Original Poster
For those that seen Spectromagic, am I the only person who loved and really miss the Spectromen (The guys on the trumpets,spinning balls, and the title unit). This might be the only reason why I missed the parade so much. I don't know why but, after they all say "Electric" a few times. I always loved the short little tune they hum for a few minutes.

Here's the tune in question, starts from 5:00 mark - 5:13

JIMINYCR

Agree... but I did like the lit up costumes and floats.

2378942555_a1cd943f17.jpg

3241608116_a1c84ee820.jpg

MaryJaneP

We much prefer Spectromen over anything before or since. Too bad the parade was allowed to sit and deteriorate, leading to it being thrown in the trash. We thought the masks helped partner with the incomparable music of SpectroMagic.

riverscu0m0

That video made me so emotional. This was the first parade I ever saw during my first ever night at WDW. I miss the heck out of that parade. It was so amazing as a little kid seeing Mickey all lit up like that.

4disneylovers

I prefer electric light over spectromagic. Probably because of the music and it is what I remember from my childhood. I think that has a lot to do with which one you like more. Like someone mentioned earlier... First memories.

Theme Parkitect

SpectroMagic was the first parade I saw at the age of 5, and I LOVED the heck out of that parade.

That said, Paint the Night is a fantastic addition to Disneyland and hope something of its caliber makes it to WDW. There's no use in complaining about what happened to the Spectro units. Yes, it is sad, but what's done is done. Time to be an optimist and "keep moving forward"! :)

216bruce

We miss them. My wife's all-time favorite thing to see at the parks was "Spectromagic". Were they a little 'odd' looking? Heck yeah.

Squigglove

SpectroMagic was the first parade I saw at the age of 5, and I LOVED the heck out of that parade.

That said, Paint the Night is a fantastic addition to Disneyland and hope something of its caliber makes it to WDW. There's no use in complaining about what happened to the Spectro units. Yes, it is sad, but what's done is done. Time to be an optimist and "keep moving forward"! :)

It was my first parade too, it was 1992, I was 14. So it holds sentiment for me too. I did NOT know this thread was about the complete loss of the parade. I'm sad to realize it. My son loves lights, I couldn't wait to have him see it. It's a little depressing that the list of things I'd hoped to do with him this coming trip - we won't be able to do for one reason or another. But I'm sure Disney will make up for it without fail.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It was my first parade too, it was 1992, I was 14. So it holds sentiment for me too. I did NOT know this thread was about the complete loss of the parade. I'm sad to realize it. My son loves lights, I couldn't wait to have him see it. It's a little depressing that the list of things I'd hoped to do with him this coming trip - we won't be able to do for one reason or another. But I'm sure Disney will make up for it without fail.
Your and your son can enjoy the Main Street Electrical Parade for nighttime lights...not as good as Spectromagic IMO but fun nevertheless!

thomas998

For those that seen Spectromagic, am I the only person who loved and really miss the Spectromen (The guys on the trumpets,spinning balls, and the title unit). This might be the only reason why I missed the parade so much. I don't know why but, after they all say "Electric" a few times. I always loved the short little tune they hum for a few minutes.

Here's the tune in question, starts from 5:00 mark - 5:13

My first experience was with Mainstreet Electric parade back in the 70's and it remained my all time favorite until Spectromagic... And now when I see the latest incarnation of the Electric parade I miss Spectromagic even more... It was by far their best night time parade ever.

shipley731

I loved Spectromagic! Saw it for the first time in my early 20's. MSEP was the parade I saw as a child, but I always liked Spectromagic more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom