Who else has experienced something like this?

Debbie

Original Poster
Hi everyone!!! I'm a longtime member here. I don't come here as often as I used to but wanted to share this experience with members here as it's magical. My godmother just got back last Wednesday from WDW. There were 8 of them/2 rooms at All Stars. My Nanny wasn't thrilled with staying there, but like many of us, Disney has out priced a lot of folks. Upon check-in, their room had a clogged toilet, a smelly one at that, the electrical outlets were stretched and wouldn't hold what they were plugging in etc. Nanny goes to talk (very nicely) to front desk and the person says "how about we move you" Nanny says "no problem". Ok "we're going to move you to Coronado Springs". My godmother wasn't expecting to change resorts, and had never stayed there before but now it's her absolute favorite!
Then one evening they were one of the last out of Hollywood Studios and a cast member/mgr stops my godmother and makes polite chit chat and says she wants to give them something because it is her last day working there. What would my godmother like? Nanny couldn't think of anything so the lady says "come with me" They go to guest relations and the cast member said how many are in your party. My godmother says "8". Cast member comped my aunt 8---3 day park hoppers for the next time they go to Disney!!!!!! This has never happened to them in their 60+ trips and it has never happened to me in my 30+ visits-------- has this ever happened to any of you?

JIMINYCR

When you have an issue and are nice/ reasonable when voicing your displeasure, you can get a more receptive response. We have had a resort/room upgrade once before when there was an issue. Disney does do that frequently to make up for their goofs, when they have availability. They really do try to keep guest experiences happy ones. And I have unexpectedly received FP's from generous CM's. Nice to hear about a positive response to a problem.

Ralphlaw

We were once really put out by a trip back from the from the Cruise ships and the availability of our room. We got extra FPs for our trouble. I agree that being nice while still showing disappointment can reap rewards. Sympathy is a natural way to get better results.

Brad Bishop

I have one from nearly 10 years ago:

I was going to celebrate my 40th birthday at WDW at the Contemporary with my daughter. As you probably know you can cancel at WDW up until a week out and then you're locked into your reservation.

My ex pulls my daughter the day before with some lame excuse as to why she couldn't go. So now I'm heading to WDW where my mom and sister have a room (not at the Contemporary) but I don't get to take my daughter.

I called WDW reservations and told them about the situation and how I had planned to stay at the Contemporary but now I just assume stay at a value resort. The Contemporary would kind of suck at that point not only in the cost but in it being a reminder of the crap I was having to deal with and my daughter not being there. They didn't have to switch me. They could have said, "Sorry - it's too late," and been well within their rights. They did, though.

That birthday kind of sucked, even with being at WDW.

DfromATX

Wow, that was really nice! We are considering Coronado Springs for our next trip. My kids are grown now (14-21), but once when they were younger, 2 of them were so afraid of Mt. Everest and would not ride it. So while I rode it with one of the children, my husband, who was sitting out with the baby and the 2 bigger babies, said a cast member saw them crying and took them back to where the controls were and showed them how it all worked and how they could see everything. I thought that was a pretty nice thing to do for the big chickens, er uh children. Now they all love that coaster.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We were staying at the YC in two standard view rooms, and despite having requested "adjoining" (we didn't need connecting) they were several rooms apart. As luck would have it, the names on the keys were mixed up during check-in, so I went back down to the desk to get them re-made. The night manager asked me how my visit was going, and I told him that even though we didn't get rooms right next to each other, we loved being there, and that everything would be fine once I got the keys sorted out. He took all four keys from me, came back in 5 minutes and told me he had changed our rooms to two connecting water-view rooms at no additional charge to make up for the inconvenience of having to straighten out the keys. I thanked him but told him it wasn't necessary, that I didn't feel inconvenienced, and he told me it was already done, to go back up and move our luggage to our new rooms, and to enjoy our stay at the YC.

Needless to say, he got a by-name mention in my letter to Guest Relations.

BigRedDad

Disney bends over backwards when you are cordial with them and understand that they have limitations of what they can do. Some people have the nerve to scream to be upgraded from an All Star Resort to the King Kamehameha suite at the Polynesian because they got bit by a mosquito. It simply is not going to happen and they rant and go crazy. As in your case, your nanny raised the concern, they probably had no rooms in your category there left, found an availability, and offered it. Well within the scope of their authority.

CSR probably has availability because people fear the construction. Glad they had a great time. We love CSR. As with you, Disney is pricing us out of staying onsite. When the better than Disney Deluxe accommodations are available within 5 minutes for 75% off, I will stay offsite. We are staying 2 weeks offsite for the same price as 7-nights at Pop Century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom