Whispering Canyon or Hoop-de-do-review?

DisneySurprisePA

Original Poster
Looking for opinions. I am shuffling last minute dinner plans and wanted opinions on what was a better choice for an evening. Whispering Canyon or Hoop-de-do-review?

I have adults and children (2, 6, 8) with us that night.

If you liked the show, what was the better time for a seating? How much time including transportation from MK does the whole experience take? Were seats in the back and balcony still worth having?

Thanks for the input and opinions!

Jae99

I was at Hoop Dee Doo 2 nights ago with my family. It was the most fun we have had together in a long time. We sat in category 2 seating up in the balcony which were excellent. I would allow for a minimum of an hour if using the Disney Transportation system, but should lean more towards 75 minutes.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Given the choice I'd pick Hoop hands down. My kids first Hoop they were 4 & 9 and loved it.

zurgandfriend

As stated by @hakunamatata Hoop-De-Doo and Whispering Canyon are different, I would do Hoop for dinner, we like the early show as we're not too tired and we can hit a park and walk off dinner afterwards. I would do Whispering Canyon for breakfast if you get a chance as the kids will like that as well. We also stated in the balcony and had a great view. I would allow 90 minutes for transportation, pictures and the show.

kap91

Hoop dee doo is a joy. If you have a choice try not to go to the first show as it's usually pretty empty and the show is funnier with a bigger audience. 95% of people love it. The food is also delicious.

harryk

Take the boat from MK directly to Ft. Wilderness - it is a short walk from the boat to Pioneer Hall.
Whispering Canyon is fun at breakfast and lunch -- not so much noise at dinner though. The experiences are very, very different - Apples vs Oranges is the comparison.

Hockey89

HDD is a great show... I love it, but the food is blah at best.... If you are used to high end food, it will not be that....

DisneyJunkie

Having done both, I'd stick with Whispering Canyon...if more so because of the food quality. I found Hoop Dee Doo to be overly corny and not as good as people try and make it out to be. I think kids would have more fun with the wooden horsey races at WC.

Ben_since_1971

HDD hands down. The food definitely isn't the Yachtsman steakhouse, but WCC menu went downhill after they redid it a couple years ago. The show is hilarious. Balcony seating is not an issue.

shuflemstr

If I was forced to pick one over the other it would be the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. I used to love both but not anymore. I went to the Hoop Dee Doo three times after they changed the show and just could not get into it. I used to watch the show four times a year, that's how much I loved it but not anymore. We used to eat at WCC at least twice each trip for dinner and ever since they changed the menu we haven't been back, thank goodness we were there for the very last day of the old menu.

Foltzy

Okay after experiencing both they're very different.
I loved hoop as a kid and for younger kids Id say that's better.
But teens can love the whispering canyon. The waiter has always seemed to aim jokes at them and makes it hilarious

DanStat

I'm not a fan of the food at Hoop, but Whispering Canyon has a good variety. Plus they have unlimited milkshakes!

ArielLover

Whispering Canyon is a restaurant. The servers can be entertaining at times(no guarantee here) but is is by no means a show. The food is excellent. Hoop De Doo is a dinner show. It is a fully immersed show with dinner included. We found the show good but has not changed is decades. The food was OK, we found Whispering Canyon's food better. As was mentioned WC also has unlimited milkshakes. Both are a good time but really should not be compared.

ssidiouss@mac.c

How about going to trails end buffet.. it uses the same kitchen as the hoop dee doo so u get all the same yummy food plus even more things to try since its a buffet. It's also a little cheaper than hoop dee doo but has similar frontier ambiance.. you also can check out the outpost next door for some shopping.. walk over to see some horses.. and kick your feet up on the porch there. For some bonus fun you can catch the boat there which has great ambiance... or if your looking for thrills.. walk to the lodge using the path through the woods with only the moonlight to get you through darkness... mwhahahaa!!

Weather_Lady

Looking for opinions. I am shuffling last minute dinner plans and wanted opinions on what was a better choice for an evening. Whispering Canyon or Hoop-de-do-review?

I have adults and children (2, 6, 8) with us that night.

If you liked the show, what was the better time for a seating? How much time including transportation from MK does the whole experience take? Were seats in the back and balcony still worth having?

Thanks for the input and opinions!

We loved Hoop-de-Doo and it's wonderful for all ages -- I recommend it! We had Category 2 seating (balcony, near the middle) and the view was great. (I wouldn't do Category 3, however, where the tables have a more difficult view of the stage.) The performers even come upstairs a couple of times so you don't feel left out! With small children, I'd veer toward the earlier (6pm-ish) seating, in order to avoid anyone being overtired or over-hungry. Transportation from MK to Fort Wilderness will take about 10 minutes (not including the time you wait for a bus/boat), but I recommend that if the weather is nice you take the boat launch from the MK to Fort Wilderness, which will drop you off right near Pioneer Hall, where the Hoop-de-Doo Revue takes place. If you take the bus, you'll be dropped off at the opposite end of Fort Wilderness, and will then need to catch a second, internal bus to Pioneer Hall, which will add another 10-15 minutes to your travels. I don't remember precisely how long the show was, but I'd guess we were in and out in about 60 minutes, maybe a little more.

Another tip: they tell you to show up and check in 45 minutes early, or something like that. This is NOT necessary. Your seats will have been pre-assigned, so there's no benefit to getting there that early. They just want to have you stand in a long line so they can forcibly take your photo and later try to get you to buy it. After that, you'll be standing outdoors in [whatever the weather conditions are] until showtime/dinnertime, when the doors open.

DWFEVR

I agree the HDD is the best option for kids (and adults). Granted the food is not as varied as Whispering Canyon but the entertainment makes up for it. Take the boat from the MK, however you will make a stop at WL before you get to FW but it's not bad...it beats taking a bus (if the weather is nice). There are places to walk around if you get there early like the horses or the trading place. I agree with Weather_Lady there is no need to get there 45 min. early. After the show check out the times for the Water Electrical Parade & maybe MK fireworks which you can see from the FW beach.

shuflemstr

I agree the HDD is the best option for kids (and adults). Granted the food is not as varied as Whispering Canyon but the entertainment makes up for it. Take the boat from the MK, however you will make a stop at WL before you get to FW but it's not bad...it beats taking a bus (if the weather is nice). There are places to walk around if you get there early like the horses or the trading place. I agree with Weather_Lady there is no need to get there 45 min. early. After the show check out the times for the Water Electrical Parade & maybe MK fireworks which you can see from the FW beach.

The boat to FW does not stop at WL. Each resort has two boats

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom