Whispering Canyon Change

SnowFire

Went there during a slow time last year. Ended up with two waiters for our table. This was the result. Going to be a sad thing if these changes turn out to be permanent.

1526260890659.png

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
By the time they were done, we counted 36 straws. ...and she was brave enough to walk around like that after dinner.

Wait.... What if this is all our fault?? :eek: Maybe those 36 straws took them over budget? ;) /sarcasm

Nah, it was us entitled, get off our lawns, DVCers who did it. We don't want none of that rabble on our turf. 😉

But all kidding aside, it's a shame Disney caved to probably just a few.

SoupBone

Too bad. Might be time to cancel our reservations for breakfast this coming trip.

Already have two family/friend groups heading there in the next couple of months and they've already canceled. I guess the only way Disney listens is if you hit them in the pocketbook.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That doesn't seem that far off from my experience in January 2017. The ketchup yell happened a few times, as did Happy Birthday (with Cha, cha cha added at the end). It's been a few years since I've seen things like cupcakes brought out for a guest but instead the CMs take turns eating it.
It sounds contrary to literally every visit I have had to the place which number in the dozens over the last 20 years.

21stamps

That doesn't seem that far off from my experience in January 2017. The ketchup yell happened a few times, as did Happy Birthday (with Cha, cha cha added at the end). It's been a few years since I've seen things like cupcakes brought out for a guest but instead the CMs take turns eating it.
Same here. Last December was my first and only time dining there. We had dinner. Our server threw a bunch of straws at kiddo, also pretended like she was going to throw his milkshake, did the ketchup thing.. but that was it. What else are they supposed to/normally do?

tigsmom

The WCC is one of my favorites and it's because of all the fun that goes on during the meals. We've seen kids marched into the kitchen to explain why they didn't finish their meal, sung happy birthday countless times and watched the pony races (where my kids had a great time participating). Now just add in some extra straws, ketchup and t shirt from a neighboring theme park and you have some great entertainment. We will probably still go for the all you care to eat skillet breakfast, but it won't be the same

SnowFire

Nah, it was us entitled, get off our lawns, DVCers who did it. We don't want none of that rabble on our turf. 😉

But all kidding aside, it's a shame Disney caved to probably just a few.
So, either way, it's our fault. We're a part of that get off our lawn crowd too. :oops:

ABQ

Bean counters probably thought they were losing too much in straw expenses, this will be a massive revenue uptick. :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Same here. Last December was my first and only time dining there. We had dinner. Our server threw a bunch of straws at kiddo, also pretended like she was going to throw his milkshake, did the ketchup thing.. but that was it. What else are they supposed to/normally do?
While they have the usual gags (ketchup, straws, etc.) it varied quite a bit depending on your server and the feedback you gave them.

We went frequently and got to know a number of the servers and they knew we open for just about anything. MT tried to get my daughters married off one morning. My middle daughter screamed when surprised so that became a game, etc, etc.

It was a little different pretty much every time we went.

Animaniac93-98

I'm trying to think of who might object to the restaurant's tone and the waiters jokes:

- Convention guests or those on the DDP just looking for a meal at the hotel (or close to MK) and nothing more
- Foreign tourists who may not "get it"
- People offended at (or not wanting their children) being "made fun of"

The restaurant has a reputation, but I'm wondering if the location is seeing push-back from an increase in first-time visitors who may not know what they're getting into.

Either that or Disney wants tables turned over faster by doing fewer games and skits and just sticking to serving food.

The other question is, if this is true for WCC, how much longer does 50s Prime Time Cafe have left before they start making changes?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
From the other thread:
It was posted on another board by a cast member from the WL that the new GM has made it known that she isn’t a fan of the antics at WCC. She also thinks it’s just comfort food. He also commented about dwindling head counts. As always take reports such as these with a grain of salt.

What’s confusing to me about this report is that she seems to be acknowledging the mediocrity of the food while at the same time wanting to take away the draw of the experience. Maybe it’s true that guest count is down and she’s just looking for a change? Maybe there’s a plan for a revamp of the menu?

A couple of things:

I found this email on a DVC website: WDW.GM.WildernessLodge@Disney.com

It’s not verified but worth a shot if you wish to voice an opinion.

Also this is being discussed in another thread here as well:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/whispering-canyon-change.940585/page-8
They are changing both Whispering Canyon and Artist Point considerably in the coming months.

While posters are talking about the DVC members’ complaining in jest, I came across this.
A website reported in March that the following letter was left in the WL DVC villas:

Thank you for being our Guest!

My name is Thea Sargent, General Manager of Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and my team and I are here to help fill your stay with Disney magic! We want to ensure that you have a memorable vacation in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

As you enjoy your stay, our Cast Members will strive to provide you with extraordinary service. If something during your trip throroughly delights you or if one of our Cast Members makes a special impression, I'd love to hear about it. We take great pride in thanking our Cast Members for a job well done. On the other hand, if you experience something that was not quite right during your stay, please let me know. Ensuring an enjoyable stay for all of our Guests is of the utmost importance to us.

If you would like to share any thoughts about your stay, please contact me at my direct email address, WDW.GM.WildernessLodge@Disney.com. My team and I will read--and personally respond to--every Guest message that comes to this address. I look forward to hearing from you and wish you the most magical stay at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Source: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...s-70636/4111-resort-managers-solicit-feedback

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom