Whispering Canyon Cafe Menu Change

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

I just saw the thread about menu changes at Beaches & Cream taking effect on Wednesday. That reminded me - from what I've heard, a bunch of menu changes are happening at the same time. Here's a pretty drastic one at WCC:

WCC lunch will no longer offer the all-you-can-eat skillet. Lunch will solely be à la carte.

Dinner will be the all-you-can-eat skillet only (no more à la carte menu). A dessert sampler will be included, but the salad won't be (it might be available as a separate appetizer).

Any thoughts?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm not a huge fan of veggies, but they must be eaten....so I think the salad should still be included with the skillet meal. Love the skillet though.

luv

Fine by me. I mean options are always good, but I can live with this and I get why they're doing it.

I do want salad with dinner, though!!

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
Personally, it's not a big deal to me. The skillet doesn't appeal to anyone in my party at all (I'm not a fan of fatty meats full of barbecue sauce), but at least lunch is still supposed to offer à la carte options. If I ever decide to try WCC, it'll be for lunch.

That said, I wonder what vegetarian options they'll provide at dinner. Also, I feel bad for parties where some people want the skillet and some people don't. Choices will be much more limited than before, and it annoys me that the decision was probably driven by efficiency over guest satisfaction.

KCKAS

when does the wcc menu change take effect?
we are going next week and my son will not eat the skillet meal. he was going to have either a steak or the chicken pasta. thanks. karen

ThinkTink721

This is usually one of our favorites...I personally like the all-you-can-eat skillet, but not everyone in my family does.
So, we may not be eating there on our next trip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Personally, it's not a big deal to me. The skillet doesn't appeal to anyone in my party at all (I'm not a fan of fatty meats full of barbecue sauce), but at least lunch is still supposed to offer à la carte options. If I ever decide to try WCC, it'll be for lunch.

That said, I wonder what vegetarian options they'll provide at dinner. Also, I feel bad for parties where some people want the skillet and some people don't. Choices will be much more limited than before, and it annoys me that the decision was probably driven by efficiency over guest satisfaction.
Yes and no. One of the biggest complaints about WCC is slow service. This is the result of a combined ala cart and all you can eat menu. Having a kitchen that can concentrate on either ala cart or all you can eat will speed up things a fair bit. This will make the restaurant more efficient for Disney, but it turn it will also speed things up for guests as well.

captainkidd

I'm kind of bummed. I don't eat everything on the skillet, but I LOVE the chicken, cornbread, mashed potatoes and baked beans.

Has there been any postings of the new menu?

DisneyDebNJ

I'm kind of bummed. I don't eat everything on the skillet, but I LOVE the chicken, cornbread, mashed potatoes and baked beans.

I'm looking forward to seeing it too Captain.. We have ADRs there next month (first timers too) and wondering if I should change that ADR for another restaurant ... question is, which one! LOL

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Not that I have seen. The CM's had seen the new menu but it had not been released to the public. I am going off memory so I might be off a bit and/or they simply might change things but I think the cornbread and beans are staying. Chicken will still be there but they said it would be different. The brisket it being replaced with a different cut. Fish will be added as well as veggies. I am not sure about the potatoes.

captainkidd

I'm looking forward to seeing it too Captain.. We have ADRs there next month (first timers too) and wondering if I should change that ADR for another restaurant ... question is, which one! LOL

If it's for lunch, I'd wait and see what the new menu brings. Personally, I never cared much for the a la carte options there. The skillet was very good though. Has there been any mention of breakfast changes? For that meal, I always go a la carte.

captainkidd

Not that I have seen. The CM's had seen the new menu but it had not been released to the public. I am going off memory so I might be off a bit and/or they simply might change things but I think the cornbread and beans are staying. Chicken will still be there but they said it would be different. The brisket it being replaced with a different cut. Fish will be added as well as veggies. I am not sure about the potatoes.

That's too bad about the chicken. It was delicious just as is. Probably not very healthy for you, but tasty as all heck.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it's for lunch, I'd wait and see what the new menu brings. Personally, I never cared much for the a la carte options there. The skillet was very good though. Has there been any mention of breakfast changes? For that meal, I always go a la carte.
Not yet. I do not think that there is much of an issue with breakfast as the cooking time for breakfast items is pretty quick, a good bit crosses over with the skillet and breakfast food tends to sit well.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's too bad about the chicken. It was delicious just as is. Probably not very healthy for you, but tasty as all heck.
I'll wait and see. While it was fine as is, I am not opposed to a change. I would have no problem with them going back to fried chicken.

wiigirl

:( this makes me sad that you do not get to choose :(

Same here, kinda bums me out. :(
75.gif

The Incredible Schmulk

I'm not a fan of the antics (especially early in the morning, before I've eaten anything), so it's not a restaurant that's high up on my must-try list, and this change most likely knocks it down even further. Granted, I'd most likely get the skillet, even still given the choice, but my fiancée would not. I don't think she'd find me gorging myself on endless meat and potatoes while she sips ice water very entertaining.

Sunshineglow68

Wow, kinda bummed although I've never eaten there we do have ADR's there for dinner a week from today. I don't see why my family wouldn't like the skillet but do enjoy a salad with my meal and would like to have the choice to choose what I want to eat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom