Whispering Canyon Breakfast

Cmoore12282

Original Poster
We are staying at the WL in june and orignally had an adr booked at whispering canyon once for dinner and once for breakfest. We decided to cancel the dinner after eading about all the craziness that goes on with the ketchup and soda and whatnot. If we had kids im sure it would be fun, but with just my wife and I it seems like a little much for our liking. We'd really like to at least have breakfast there but now have a fear it might not be much better. Just curious what anyone elses experience as been at the canyon for breakfast, specifically without kids...?

HouCuseChickie

It's pretty much the same antics at all meals. You can always tell your server you're really not up for all of the silly stuff, and they should go easy on you. We did breakfast a couple of years ago with some family not totally into it all, so I mentioned it to our server and we got what I call as "WCC Lite." Our server was still a bit silly, but nothing too over the top. Of course some of this is initiated by you. i.e. they don't automatically throw you into the ketchup gag...you have to actually ask for ketchup.

Cubs Brian

Breakfast is just a bit less boisterous, but not much. Your in Disney, let your inner child out!! Even if my wife and didn't have kids we would still go there for dinner just to see how much fun other families are having.

Tinkerbella16

Three of us adults went for dinner and loved it. They have a quiet area in the "library" part and we found that area perfect since we weren't with any kids. You should try for one of those tables.

Monkee Girl

I agree about the breakfast not being 'as crazy' as dinner. There were still some noise but not at the extent of the dinners. I think because it's morning and people are still waking up, so the insanity isn't at the max yet. It is also a relationship between the customer and the cast. I am sure if you mention what kind of experience you are looking for they will do their best to accommodate.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are staying at the WL in june and orignally had an adr booked at whispering canyon once for dinner and once for breakfest. We decided to cancel the dinner after eading about all the craziness that goes on with the ketchup and soda and whatnot. If we had kids im sure it would be fun, but with just my wife and I it seems like a little much for our liking. We'd really like to at least have breakfast there but now have a fear it might not be much better. Just curious what anyone elses experience as been at the canyon for breakfast, specifically without kids...?

I can speak to this as my DH and I did this...and we don't have kids. It was breakfast and it was unpleasant. I need to state that we love kids (i'm a nanny) and we have never not enjoyed the kid experience at WDW. We never get bothered by the screaming and running around. Except at WC. It was insane.

We stayed at WL and took a last minute reservation for breakfast before heading to the parks. The food was fine. But it was too nuts for us. The ketchup, the napkins thrown at you...and then there was the waitress who harassed my DH and got the rest of the place to egg him so that he would ride a wooden horsey around singing me Happy Birthday around the entire restaurant. Needless to say, we will never go back...even with kids.

I would recommend canceling and go some place else. Stop at another resort - like Poly or GF and have a nice breakfast there. I know some really like this but I wanted to give you a very candid description of what happened to us. Hope this helps!

shuflemstr

I guess some people don't have a sense of humor....My mom and I go there every trip at least once for breakfast and dinner. The atmosphere is great. Its a fun time. MT is the best server there. We always ask to sit in her section. If you want to eat there but not be subject to the fun and humor, then go at lunch time. We went for lunch once and we didn't see them do the ketchup thing or anything. When we asked we were told they only do it for breakfast and dinner that lunch is usually slow for them because everyone is at the parks

bethymouse

Artist Point

WL has a nice signature restaurant (2 TS credits) called Artist Point. It doesn't serve breakfast or lunch, but the dinner is superb! Try it!:)

minnielaw

I guess some people don't have a sense of humor....My mom and I go there every trip at least once for breakfast and dinner. The atmosphere is great. Its a fun time. MT is the best server there. We always ask to sit in her section. If you want to eat there but not be subject to the fun and humor, then go at lunch time. We went for lunch once and we didn't see them do the ketchup thing or anything. When we asked we were told they only do it for breakfast and dinner that lunch is usually slow for them because everyone is at the parks

I don't think it's that people lack a sense of humor....just that everyone does not share the same brand of humor. The OP (original poster) was asking about the level of interaction at the breakfast precisely because they wanted to avoid the "craziness" they saw at the dinner.

I think disneygirl76's response was spot on and provided the OP with an honest assessment of the interaction level at breakfast.

Everyone has different tastes and enjoys different rides/attractions/restaurants. Thank goodness or the same restaurants would always be packed! :) Let's try not to judge others, but simply provide information as was requested. But, that's just my two cents.

Cmoore12282

Original Poster
We stayed at WL and took a last minute reservation for breakfast before heading to the parks. The food was fine. But it was too nuts for us. The ketchup, the napkins thrown at you...and then there was the waitress who harassed my DH and got the rest of the place to egg him so that he would ride a wooden horsey around singing me Happy Birthday around the entire restaurant.

Thanks to everyone for the info. I'm not sure what we will do. I guess for us its not about the sense of humor or even the loud and crazy going on around us, we just don't really wanna be a part of it. We're just a quiet, younger couple who has no desire to be the center of attention. We actually avoid most things interactive...both disney and real life. Im sure we sound like party poopers but we're really not!! I guess we'll have to decide if we wanna risk it or not. That birthday horse story from disneygirl is my exact worst nightmare! I think i'll start exploring other options just in case.

coltow

See we HATE 50's Prime Time, but really enjoy WCC. It's much tamer. We honeymooned at WL and I think we ate here for breakfast or lunch almost every day (back then you never needed ADRs). Our waiter even gave us a set of their napkins as a wedding gift on our last day, it was sweet. We have brought our kids there and they liked it. They had plenty to watch to keep them entertained. And we already have our ADR there for August

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

It has nothing to do with not having a sense of humor. The poster wanted an honest opinion of the interaction and I provided an honest personal experience. I specifically stated that we like the kids and the noise and laughter that you get at WDW. Whispering Canyon is just not that type of atmosphere that we like.

steve76

I guess some people don't have a sense of humor....

I don't think that insults are called for. I feel the same as the OP and some other posters, that these kinds of antics are just not for me. That does not mean we don't have a sense of humour - just that different people like different things. The world would be a boring place if everybody were the same.

AmongMadPeople

We (married couple, no kids) are not ones who banter easily with strangers, or like attention drawn to ourselves. We've eaten at WCC 3 times (2 lunches, 1 breakfast), and none of those times did the servers do anything to us that felt inappropriate or outrageous. Knowing from the start that your server will have "character" will help, because if you didn't know that, the small things may bug you. This isn't to say that I haven't seen the antics happening to others, like ketchup, being silly with kids, saw one guy in jail, it just doesn't happen nonstop to everyone there.

I'd say it's a tough call to make. My husband dreaded eating here the first time, as well as at 50s Prime Time, but in the end we were happy with the decision to try them out.

heartodisney

picture.php

Our wonderful stay at the WL last Nov/Dec, we stopped in just as they opened up fro b-fast and it was quiet..very lucky! Try their version of french toast...yummy!

slappy magoo

I guess some people don't have a sense of humor....

And some people don't know how to be polite.

I happen to like WCC but I wouldn't consider someone who'd prefer a less-manic meal to be without a sense of humor. Someone who doesn't like Airplane! or early Woody Allen movies? Sure, they don't have a sense of humor. But not people who don't like outrageous loud servers during a meal. To say otherwise is just silly.

MVP Heather

The first time we went to Whispering Canyon for dinner, my husband and I were on our honeymoon. While we watched in amusement of all the antics going on, we really enjoyed the atmosphere. When you arrive, there is a quieter cozy spot off to the back and side near the firelplace. You may be able to request that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom