While waiting for your trip to WDW

oldshovelhead

Original Poster
How do I make it through my days at work while waiting for January 6th (our next trip to theWDW) to roll around? Well...some time ago I found a great internet radio web site that allows you to listen to just about any kind of music you can imagine for free. I go on when I start my computor first thing in the morning and listen all day while working. There are all kinds of stations to listen to, including ones that play sound tracks from Disney movies, Disney TV, the parks and rides. All you have to do is type in Disney at the top of the home page where is says "Find Stations That Play...?", sign up for the free membership and add the stations to your favoirites list on this web site. The also have an extreamly wide variety of other genres to listen to. Again...membership is free. the web site is www.live365.com

I also check the forums on this site at lunch and from home daily. There are also many other sites to check like www.allearsnet.com Sign up for their weekly e-mail newsletter. And then of course I dream...:wave:

donald23

I agree, it's torture. I'm going on Feb. 16th and I'm already dying to get there. The only thing that saves me is the ton of park music I have on my iPod. those 30gb really come in handy =)

oldshovelhead

Original Poster
Staying at ???

We will be staying (for our first time) at the Wilderness Lodge. I've got a real hankering to buy anything that will get us ready for this trip like...old Disney movies that remind me of what it might be like to stay there...Davy Crockett or maybe some of the old Wonderful World of Disney clips. I borrowed an older Disney movie on VHS, some years ago from our local library, when my kids were little. It was a real life (not animated) film about some bear cubs. I think it was shot in the 50's, I wish I knew the name...also I know there is one about a cougar out there somewhere. All of these I think would be a great way to set up this trip for my family...maybe a Friday night movie night. I also think I'm going to buy an ipod and start looking for this WL music I've read others talk about.:sohappy:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We will be staying (for our first time) at the Wilderness Lodge. I've got a real hankering to buy anything that will get us ready for this trip like...old Disney movies that remind me of what it might be like to stay there...Davy Crockett or maybe some of the old Wonderful World of Disney clips. I borrowed an older Disney movie on VHS, some years ago from our local library, when my kids were little. It was a real life (not animated) film about some bear cubs. I think it was shot in the 50's, I wish I knew the name...also I know there is one about a cougar out there somewhere. All of these I think would be a great way to set up this trip for my family...maybe a Friday night movie night. I also think I'm going to buy an ipod and start looking for this WL music I've read others talk about.:sohappy:

I know Disney put out a series of "classics", but I dont remember the name. They came in a tin container. I purchased the Davy Crockett one and really enjoyed it. There were like either 6 or 12 episodes on it.

We are bringing someone with us on our trip in January who has never been to Disney. I told her she needs to rent as many Disney Classic movies (Snow White, Cinderella, Bambi, etc.) and watch them. I think it is imperative for first timers to be able to "relate" to what they are seeing when they go and a Friday night movie night would be just the thing.

When you are at the WL be sure to eat at Whispering Canyon. Its a hoot. Also, there is a geyser that goes off every hour down by the pool.

mouselvrmom

We are arriving on the 6th too! I though January was supposed to be quiet:veryconfu

It's not looking that way is it?:) we're going then too! But I'm sure that it just seems like a lot of people are going. Probably just the die hard disney fans that are on boards like this. Let's hope that it will still be quiet!

mouselvrmom

We watch the dvds that we made from previous trips to get our disney fix until the next trip. It's fun to see what we did before and then talk about what we would like to do different.

donald23

I also think I'm going to buy an ipod and start looking for this WL music I've read others talk about.:sohappy:

I have the complete music loop for WL. It's almost a full hour of music, and it really gets you in the spirit. The file's pretty big but we might be able to work out a way so I can send it to you. You'll love it.

Dwarful

We go in Dec. and let me tell you my passporter is getting a workout already. Plus we do the home videos and watch the planning dvd and other disney films. Once we get to about 45 days prior we let the kids make a Disney chain out of red, yellow and black construction paper. They hang this around the entertainment center and each night they take off one strip. We put little notes on them to remind us of favorite memories or things we like to do...for example "enjoying root beer floats on Main Street USA" "riding Splash Mountain" "the special wake up calls in our resort room" gets the kids excited about the trip (as much as mom is)

donald23

We go in Dec. and let me tell you my passporter is getting a workout already. Plus we do the home videos and watch the planning dvd and other disney films. Once we get to about 45 days prior we let the kids make a Disney chain out of red, yellow and black construction paper. They hang this around the entertainment center and each night they take off one strip. We put little notes on them to remind us of favorite memories or things we like to do...for example "enjoying root beer floats on Main Street USA" "riding Splash Mountain" "the special wake up calls in our resort room" gets the kids excited about the trip (as much as mom is)

This is the coolest thing I've ever heard of. I'll have to remember this when I go in February. But I might start mine like.. 60 days before we go....lol.

annadseal

I love this idea! We're going in December as well...in fact, 60 days from now! I think I'll buy some construction paper today and start a Disney chain of my own. :D

b-rian91

Alot of good ideas, I was going to post a topic similar to this just a second ago..good thing i looked around. Ive got 62 days and i doubt it could go by any slower. but that construction paper idea is a good one.

CelticRose

What a great idea, I think I will make one for my GS, it will be his first time but I know it won't be his last. :wave:
127 Days and I am there!!!!

mouselvrmom

I'm finding that the last couple of days are the worst! The kids are driving me crazy! They keep saying why can't we go to disneyworld now? They are just going to have to suffer through a few more days! Even my husband is saying that he can't stand having to go to work one more day! What's a mom to do?:lol:

b-rian91

lol..thought it was kind of cool..i said i had 62 days left two posts ago and now i have 31..SWEET maybe it wont go by so slow after all, only 20 school days!!!

C.M.O

Countdown

Last year we got Disney Paint chips from Home Depot, they are free and come shaped like a Mickey Mouse Heads. I cut them out and hung them up and we took one away everyday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom